“Not a Bad Hotel Except for Bug Bites”

BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Tempe
Vienna, Virginia
“Not a Bad Hotel Except for Bug Bites”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel room was spacious, the location was great, and the staff was friendly and helpful. What made this a poor experience was all the bites I received, especially the 2nd night. The first night I noticed a few bites clustered on my side and thought maybe it was a few mosquitoes but when I woke up after the 2nd night, I had about 39 bites all over me, in groups or in a line. I told the Front Desk and to their credit, they did discount my stay and promised to get an exterminator to look at the problem.

The internet was a bit of an issue if you're at an end room. I had to go to the common area to get good reception.

If it wasn't for the bugs, I would have rated this hotel Very Good.

UPDATE: The hotel manager did contact later to tell me that they had an exterminator who specialized in bedbugs to check out the room and they didn't find any bedbugs or any other critters in the room. They did apologize for whatever did bite me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Madhawk
Patrick R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear James,

We could not feel worse for the experience that had at our property sir! Although we were able to make sure that the Arizona Exterminating Company found no signs of any creatures the following day; but that does not take away from your bad time. I am also glad that we were able to also discuss the issue with you as well. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

The BW Inn of Tempe has everything I need. Great breakfast, and if you need a Denny's fix you can just walk next door, I think it is a part of the hotel. The fitness center has nice machines, the pool is more of a relaxing spa, and I don't swim lengths anyway so the spa is my preference. Patrick was always there to greet me with a smile and the Ms Seth, the GM, was available and pleasant to visit with. I would highly reccomend the BW Inn of Tempe. Oh! My room was clean, spacious, and the shower head worked great. I noticed housekeeping was swapping out the shower heade with ones they just cleaned.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jude N
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
First off, thank you Jude; it is always great to open our page and see an excellent review! Even greater is to see that not only is our property suited to your needs, but that every aspect of your stay was like a home away from home!
Sao Vicente, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The rooms are clean and well equipped. The location is great because it is about 8 or 9 miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. We rented a car at the impressive Car Rentals center at this airport and 12 minutes later we were right in the hotel parking. The malls and shopping centers of Tempe are 5 or 10 minutes away. Breakfast very reasonable, friendly staff.
If you want to have a typical American meal, there is a ''Denny's'' right next door.
I recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bartok_Brazil
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
First off, I would like to thank you for takingtime out of your day to let others know about our hotel. Also it is always great to hear that we meet your expectation. We look foward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay and plan to come back. Every one was awesome. very pet friendly. Rooms clean and wonderful breakfast included in your stay. It's also very close to my son's college Arizona State University. The location was right off the 202 loop. I plan to come back often to visit my kid at school

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Patrick R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Well Thank you ! We are always excited to hear that not only is our hotel convenient to Arizona State University, but that you also had a great time while you stayed with us!
So again, thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn of Tempe!
Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th visit to Arizona & each time we stayed at this Best Western. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable & always willing to help. We were more than satisfied with the way were treated. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Wow, looks like some happy guests! We are always elated to hear that a guest is really pleased with their stay. We hope that the next time to Arizona will be a stay with us! As always thank you for choosing us.
Horndean, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Best Western think of everything - well supplied rooms with all toiletries and equipment you would expect. Fantastically comfortable bed but not much of a view. Very helpful reception staff. The only down side was the plastic cutlery and paper plates used for breakfast (although the breakfast was very good). I was also disappointed to see the reception staff smoking out the front of the hotel - surely they could go somewhere more discrete to smoke? Otherwise a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sue, Thank you for you kind words letting other travelers know about us! And we definitely take you suggestions into consideration. We hope that when you are in Arizona again you will think of us!
Harrisburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Excellent location for easy access to Arizona State University, associated apartment complexes and Tempe Marketplace(outdoor mall). Very tasty hot breakfast bar which is complementary.Located just off the interstate. Denny's Restaurant next door. Amenities included a fitness room and lap pool as opposed to a regular pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Alison for taking the time to let people know about us! We are so pleased that our property worked well for you, while you were visiting Arizona State University. We look forward to your next stay with us!