“MLB Spring Training inTempe”

Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Ranked #14 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay and the sights we saw in the area. It's a good location in walking distance to the water & park area. The lady who checked us in was very helpful. The hotel is very close to the freeway, but we were not bothered at all by any noise. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Ed,

We are glad you had some time this Spring to catch some major league baseball; and as always thank you for choosing us at the Best Western Inn of Tempe!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for two weeks, and I would easily recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay close to ASU or the airport, or just this area in general. The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating all throughout my stay, with suggestions for things to do, and the shuttle service was a lifesaver since I did not have a car.

The wifi worked fine for me during the entire stay, even when CGI students flooded the hotel one weekend.

My room was spacious and clean and the cleaning staff did a great job, couldn't be happier. The bed was comfortable and I slept well, no noise problems from outside of from other rooms.

While the immediate surrounding area might not be the most impressive, there are several places to eat and get coffee in walking range, and Tempe Town Lake is only a couple of minutes walk away. Easy access to ASU and Mill Avenue, bus stop right across the road for when I wanted to go anywhere a little further. The staff, (especially Mr Luna) was very helpful with tips on how to get around if I needed to go places outside of the shuttle's 3 mile range.

I only rated the value as average since I stayed during spring training/spring break/CGI/Dragonboat races, and rates are high for the entire area during this time. If I'd have stayed at a time with somewhat lower rates I would have rated as excellent. To be fair, for the time period their rates were still pretty good compared to other places, and obviously this was more a result of my lacking understanding of when Phoenix would be crowded.

The breakfast had plenty of options, cereal, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yoghurt, a variety of warm foods, breads, waffles, juice, milk and coffee.

All over I was pretty much happy with everything, had no issues, and generally felt very well taken care of! (Mikael, Lynette, Damon, Patrick, Ebony, Kelly, and Leo were all incredibly kind to me, many thanks for making my stay so nice) If I ever go back to Phoenix I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Marthe,

I am always pleased to read a review that not only were you happy with your accommodations, but that the entire staff was pleasant and helpful. So if you decide to come back and see Arizona again we would love to see you!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great place to stay close to airport and ASU. They let you leave your car there and transport you to and from airport! have stayed here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. would recommed this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for your kind review, our SLEEP & FLY package is one of our guests favorite options when they need to get to the Sky Harbor Airport, and need a place to sleep and transportation the next morning!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The manager said there was a pool. It was a very small lap pool. Right next to the interstate--very noisey. Extreme rate hike due to spring training...seemed to make the manager happy! Our room had a smell we couldn't get rid of. Breakfast was served cold and was the lowest grade of food possible. We could hear the laundry facility bright and early the next morning with the employees banging around and laughing talking loudly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review, we are sorry that you did not have a good experience. I would like to address some of the issues you had at our property.

We do advertise a single lane lap pool, which we do indeed have; as well as 2 hot tubs inside and another one outside.

We do NOT serve our breakfast cold, we provide a FREE hot breakfast that items are purchased from US Foods, a VERY reputable food service company. Also we provide fresh fruit, yogurt, four kinds of cereal, and many kinds of muffins, danishes etc . . . .

I do remember that your rooms were on the 1st floor across from one of our housekeeping areas, were you able to ask the front desk if you could move? We typically will move an unhappy guest to rooms that they would be happy in.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am here for the Clinton Global Initiative University conference. As a student leader from my university, I am expected to prepare for a big information exchange tonight. However, I have not been able to connect to the internet to put together my information since last night. When I called the front desk this morning, I was told that there are too many users right now and that is why it is slow. They could offer no other help, and did not seem to care at all. But it is not slow- I could not even connect after midnight last night (I was able to use it briefly when I checked in). I am very disappointed that this hotel wanted to be a preferred provider for our conference, but is unable to service the students staying here with a decent internet connection.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank VellottiWizard
Patrick R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn Of Tempe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear CGI Guest,

We are very sorry that you had an issue at the hotel with your wifi.

This is an issue that when it happens we have to rely on COX COMMUNICATIONS to address any and all repairs, as our hotel does not provide any internet services. I can understand your frustration, but our Front Desk Agents and our Managers all worked very hard to get COX COMMUNICATIONS to resolve their issue, and they did.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff was extremely accommodating. Between being picked up at sky harbor and figuring out how to fimd me a room at 10am so I could get to sleep, these folks never stopped helping me out. My fiance joined me later in the day and the hotel gave us a lift to the Tempe Beach Park. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jonathon,

Thank you so much for your kind review. As always thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My title sums up the review. The shuttle drivers were awesome, accommodating our frequent trips to Mill Ave and the surrounding area. However, they did not disclose the $2.50 shuttle fee which I later discovered on my credit card statement. When I called to discuss this, they were unwilling to reverse the charges. It is a very reasonable fee, much less than a taxi, but disclosing that the complimentary shuttle is only complimentary when taken to the airport is a must. When I checked out, I was not informed of any additional charges. Charging for non-disclosed 'incidentals' after-the-fact is a sneaky, unethical way of doing business in my opinion!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayne S

Dear Alissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review; and I am very sorry for the issue you had with the shuttle, and any miscommunication in our pricing.

-Our Airport shuttle is always free 24 hours a day.

- Anything out side the Sky Harbor Airport is $2.50 per ride.