“Exceeded our expectations!”

Best Western Inn Of Tempe
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Tempe
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Stayed for one night before flying back to Italy with a group of friends. Location is very nice and conveniently close to PHX airport, just 5-10 minutes, but far enough from noisy areas around Sky Harbor. Building looks new, not similar to other BW properties. Best part of the story are the rooms: very large, quiet and clean, all have a fridge. And the 2 beds were actually 2 king beds! Huge. Free breakfast is tasty with pancakes, fruit, toasts and more. Indoor pool is lane-shaped with separated jacuzzi but we did not use it. Wi-fi works well and there is also a guest computer room in the lobby. Staff was very friendly and we were given useful suggestions about waterparks in the area. Overall, value was great and we would come back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 March 2009

This hotel has a shuttle to the airport, and if you visit during the slow january season, you can actually use the hotel shuttle to get around town! The driver drove us to the Mill Street district for and back the night of our stay!

Beds were huge and comfortable and the rooms were very good sized.

All in all a great stay, although it was a little hard to find from the road. We ended up taking a few u-turns before finding it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I worked overtime trying to decide where to stay on this trip. It was a very special trip with my daughter and I wanted the best I could get within my budget. I was not disappointed!

I called the hotel a couple of times to check on special requests and all three people I talked to were friendly and very helpful. We arrived fairly late and the check-in was smooth.

The room was very nice. Large and well laid out. It was not built as a Best Western - don't know what - but the room was really nice and clean. The video on the website was accurate. The bathroom was huge with a very large whirlpool tub. It was 6 foot long and the curtain was only 5 foot so a little leakage during showering was the norm.

My only other complaint was the room was a little dark - just so big that the average number of lights couldn't cover it well.

We faced the parking lot on the first floor (end) and heard no noise.

Breakfast was pretty standard with some hot food. A really big
hotel - with all the rooms so probably needed.

We stayed 2 nights and hated to go. Check-out was easy.

I would look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank twomikea
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I booked our room on Continental.com, because of a deal associated with the ticket purchase. I had never stayed at a Best Western before, but I wasn't expecting much. Boy was I surprised! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and BIG, the beds were clean, big, and COMFORTABLE, and the bathroom was enormous. There are outdoor and indoor hot tubs(more than one, which is great for privacy!) and a lap pool. The breakfast was about as good as complimentary, continental breakfasts get. We stayed at 3 hotels during our trip and the Best Western - Tempe was by far the best... not to mention the cheapest.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank reeka27
Reviewed 25 January 2008

Location: Good. Near Airport, ASU, and Mill Steet

Room: Large, newish, clean.

Bed: Huge, but not especially comfortable

Staff: Well-meaning if not particularly effective. Asked for a
room where the AC was already on so it would be cool when I walked in. Wasn't. Said they'd fix it. Didn't. AC went on and off all night, and could not be re-set.

Breakfast: Did not have.

Amenities: Conference rooms avbl. Gym, lap pool and jaccuzis were excellent.

Price: I paid $129. You can probably do better online or shopping around

Good to know: On major highway (convenenient, but sometimes noisy), shares parking lot with Denny's (see above), good airport shuttle, just accross Town Lake from ASU (longish walk, or short cab ride), and accross the street from strip bar.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Monaco98
Reviewed 29 October 2007

Very noisy location off the 202 & Scottsdale Road. I made the mistake of getting a room facing the 202 last time so I asked for a room facing South (toward the lake) and it was quieter but still noisy (windows are very thin). I heard cars and sirens all night driving down Scottsdale Road.

Front desk folks were very nice and friendly and free breakfast was good (it begins at 6am - dont try to get in before that - they won't let you). Only reason I stayed there was it's within walking distance to Tempe Town Lake.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 18 October 2007

This was a very nice hotel. We were attending the Family Weekend at ASU. It was very convenient to the campus and other locations we were going to. The facility was very neat, and clean.
Out of all of the hotels I have ever stayed in, this place had the best beds. The staff was very friendly. Loved the historical pictures on the walls of the area. I could have probably spent all day just at the hotel looking at them all.
I would definately stay here again.
The only draw back was trying to get back into the hotel from Scottsdale Road after the football game. You either have to head north on Scottsdale until you can turn around or you make a U turn from the turn lane leading to the 202 West. Heading South on Scottsdale or exiting the 202 East it is very easy to get into.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family