“Charged for services not rendered.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thatcher
Gilbert, Arizona
“Charged for services not rendered.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I called to check if there were any cancellations early Friday morning at 12:08 am. The reservation desk told me about an opening for that Friday night and asked if I would like to reserve that room. Then he asked how I would like to secure the reservation. I asked him what the cancellation policy was and he told me that I would be able to cancel the reservation up to 4:00 pm that day without any charge. I gave him my credit card information to secure the reservation. That morning I hurt my knee so my plan was altered. I called at 12:14 pm the same day to cancel my reservation. The reservation girl told me I would be charged the first night because I did not cancel my reservation before 24 hours. I explained that I made the reservation early this same morning and what the reservation clerk told me at the time of the reservation. She told me she was sorry but their policy was 24 hour advance for cancellation. I explained that I would not first make the reservation if I was informed of that policy. Still she said sorry that was their policy. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager called back and told me the same thing and said it was out of her hands. She would have her manager call me when she got back the next day. Her manager never called me the next day and they charged me the full night stay charge with out rendering service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Craig655

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have not stayed with comfort inn for years. We stayed here and were impressed .....the hotel was nice and pet friendly. The rooms were spacious, the staff were great and Ricki was very helpful. I even signed up for a rewards program and will use this brand again. The breakfast was good although it would have been nice to have regular bread to toast and real coffee/tea mugs. The only downside was we figure our room was not cleaned or the bathroom was overlooked as there was toothpaste stuck in the sink and the soaps etc were missing but we had our own. The a/c was noisy but thats in most hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our brand again. We were pleased to see that you signed up for the rewards program as it is one of the best in the industry. Your comments will be passed on to our entire staff and used for training. Rikki, because you mentioned her specifically, will be entered into a drawing for staff that goes above and beyond. Your comments regarding housekeeping have been turned over to our head of housekeeping to be addressed. Again thank you for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host you in the future and welcome back to Choice Hotels.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. Huge breakfast area, so nice to not be crowded. Room was spacious and clean. Stay on the top floor if noise above bothers you. We could hear people above us each night. Really liked the full length mirror closet door! Nice also to be able to open the window for fresh air. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing your Comort Inn & Suites during your recent stay in Thatcher and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your kind comments will be shared with all, as our staff strives to satisfy and exceed our guest expectations. We hope to be able to host you in the future.
Gutersloh, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed there because of some of work at Morenci. Which is probably the case for most of the other guests too.
The staff is really friendly.
The breakfast is like in all hotel chains. But a hotel is for sleeping : the rooms a large and clean. Nothing is worn out. Good water pressure. As in most other hotels, for some reason the rooms are dark. Seems to be a desirable feature... It's off the street, thus quiet.
And... German's love it: you can open the windows!
I will come back, if I 'm "sentenced" to work in that mine again. (About one hour drive)

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking your time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff to be used in training. It is true nothing like a nice breeze coming through an open window. We hope to be able to host your "sentence" in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Rooms show a lot of wear and tear, vending machines were empty, the waffle iron didn't work.... Just a few things. Overpriced for what you get! Go elsewhere! Location is good though. No luggage carts in lobby, was told by staff to go get one from the second floor.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Akbluebean
Tammy M, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Please accept our thanks for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites during your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred during your stay. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff in training. You should never have been told look for your own luggage cart. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with your further as the reviews do not give enough information to identify the room you stayed in and there weren't any comments matching these in guest comments or the front desk log. My email is gm@visitsafford.com or my cell # is 928-651-1000. Again please accept our thanks and our apologies.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Hotel is fairly new. It is nice and clean hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Thank you for choosing your Comfort Inn & Suites during your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with all and we hope to be able to host you in the future.

TM-General Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here two nights. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The free breakfast is really quite good; I was impressed. The staff was polite and friendly. The indoor pool and hot tub are nice, however the pool was pretty cold. Maybe it feels better in the summer.

They have a few computers downstairs in the lobby you can use--I had to hop on for some work stuff.

Unfortunately the palm trees lining the entrance to the hotel have been cut down. They must have died. Hopefully they replant some.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We were happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. It was nice to see that the hotel was clean and comfortable and that breakfast was to your liking. The palm trees actually all died after a freak freeze we had in early February of last year. We had hoped for a long time and tried many things to save them, but their roots were just to newly transplanted and none of them survived. All of them had to be cut down as they posed a falling hazard. Again thank you for your time and patronage and we hope to be able to host you in the future.

TM-General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thatcher
Comfort Inn & Suites Safford
Garden Inn
#4 of 5 in Safford
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Desert Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!