“Good comfortable place to stay with friendly staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thatcher
Highland, Ut
“Good comfortable place to stay with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We checked in after 8pm after a long drive and were warmly greeted by the desk clerk who was very accommodating. When she learned we were there for my sister's funeral she shaved a little off the rate which was very nice and unexpected. She even offered us a late checkout which we were pleased with as we had to get back into our traveling clothes for a long drive back after the service. The Accommodations were very clean and comfortable with comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast was very good and of good quality. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for choosing us during your time of need. We appreciated your kind words and are very sorry for your loss. We hope to be able to host you again in the future. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The first day we checked in we were sent to a room with no a/c unit as they are in the middle of renovation. The room we were finally given was roomy, clean, and the a/c worked GREAT!! The next morning being the 4th of July our room got overlooked by housekeeping, so our room did not get cleaned. They were kind enough to give us some more clean towels. The hot breakfast is ok..the hash browns had a odd rubbery texture and chewy. Our stay was good, and the wedding beautiful!!! Would stay again if ever in the area!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank lbabmbnbeb
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business, arriving late. The front desk staff was great. She even opened the jacuzzi area when it locked itself early. I needed the jacuzzi after a long drive. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. It had more than I needed. I usually do not like the breakfast buffets but this inn has a great one with fresh cooked eggs, meats and potatoes, not just heated up frozen foods. The price is exceptionally reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Azsunshinelover
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I called to check if there were any cancellations early Friday morning at 12:08 am. The reservation desk told me about an opening for that Friday night and asked if I would like to reserve that room. Then he asked how I would like to secure the reservation. I asked him what the cancellation policy was and he told me that I would be able to cancel the reservation up to 4:00 pm that day without any charge. I gave him my credit card information to secure the reservation. That morning I hurt my knee so my plan was altered. I called at 12:14 pm the same day to cancel my reservation. The reservation girl told me I would be charged the first night because I did not cancel my reservation before 24 hours. I explained that I made the reservation early this same morning and what the reservation clerk told me at the time of the reservation. She told me she was sorry but their policy was 24 hour advance for cancellation. I explained that I would not first make the reservation if I was informed of that policy. Still she said sorry that was their policy. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager called back and told me the same thing and said it was out of her hands. She would have her manager call me when she got back the next day. Her manager never called me the next day and they charged me the full night stay charge with out rendering service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Craig655
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have not stayed with comfort inn for years. We stayed here and were impressed .....the hotel was nice and pet friendly. The rooms were spacious, the staff were great and Ricki was very helpful. I even signed up for a rewards program and will use this brand again. The breakfast was good although it would have been nice to have regular bread to toast and real coffee/tea mugs. The only downside was we figure our room was not cleaned or the bathroom was overlooked as there was toothpaste stuck in the sink and the soaps etc were missing but we had our own. The a/c was noisy but thats in most hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our brand again. We were pleased to see that you signed up for the rewards program as it is one of the best in the industry. Your comments will be passed on to our entire staff and used for training. Rikki, because you mentioned her specifically, will be entered into a drawing for staff that goes above and beyond. Your comments regarding housekeeping have been turned over to our head of housekeeping to be addressed. Again thank you for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host you in the future and welcome back to Choice Hotels.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights. Huge breakfast area, so nice to not be crowded. Room was spacious and clean. Stay on the top floor if noise above bothers you. We could hear people above us each night. Really liked the full length mirror closet door! Nice also to be able to open the window for fresh air. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for choosing your Comort Inn & Suites during your recent stay in Thatcher and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your kind comments will be shared with all, as our staff strives to satisfy and exceed our guest expectations. We hope to be able to host you in the future.
Gutersloh, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed there because of some of work at Morenci. Which is probably the case for most of the other guests too.
The staff is really friendly.
The breakfast is like in all hotel chains. But a hotel is for sleeping : the rooms a large and clean. Nothing is worn out. Good water pressure. As in most other hotels, for some reason the rooms are dark. Seems to be a desirable feature... It's off the street, thus quiet.
And... German's love it: you can open the windows!
I will come back, if I 'm "sentenced" to work in that mine again. (About one hour drive)

• Stayed February 2013
We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking your time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff to be used in training. It is true nothing like a nice breeze coming through an open window. We hope to be able to host your "sentence" in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thatcher
SpringHill Suites Thatcher
Garden Inn
#4 of 5 in Safford
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Desert Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!