“Seedy”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tolleson
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Seedy”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

At best this place is seedy at worst dangerous. Drug deals in the parking lot. Not a place for a female alone. Neighborhood is pretty sketchy as well. Big truck parking is good but there are better for the price.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank HisAlways

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My friend and I were in town for the weekend for work. After a trip from hell, we were finally able to find and check in to the hotel around 3am. The front desk clerk was snarky, and let us know that if we were any later our reservation would have been erased. Really? Its 3 am, was there a line at the door I missed of people waiting to stay here?
We proceeded to our room passed dirty stairways, mismatched filthy carpet and what seemed to be drug addicts in the lobby. Which by the way is a smoking bldg... gross.
There were no blankets on the bed, only 2 sheets, and 2 worn out towels.
The room was dirty, and mismatched. I'm really not sure where they are getting these photos for their website.

Needless to say, we found another place to stay for day 2.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kerrin02

Travellers are raving about these Tolleson hotels

Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed there due to the shrot distance to the AK CHIN PAVILLION where I went to attend a concert..it´s ok for a night..the faucet was licking al the time,they didn´t have a remote control then I called to let them know and they said there was no one available to take it to my room..so I went myself and the remote didn´t work,and I had to go again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Erultra
Jason P, General Manager at A Victory Inn Tolleson, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hotel is under new management as of 12/2013. We are appreciative of the feedback that you gave, and will utilize it as we work to improve the guest experience at the A Victory Inn hotel.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We booked into this hotel, the pictures and description looked good on the internet. The price was quite low and it was Nascar weekend, they still had rooms left! We booked in, the desk staff were not friendly., the hotel smelled old, we went to our room on he first floor, the only room they had left. The window faced the parking lot, we had asked for a quiet room, but I guess they did not have any left. I immediately checked out the room, and noticed first thing there were no mattress covers on the beds, just sheets and they were not the type that tuck in on the bottom. The bedspread was old. I sat on the bed, it had 4 legs and knew that two of us could not sleep on this wobbly dirty bed, The room was dark and bedside lamps did not work. Small old bathroom. So quickly opened my laptop and found one room left at the Best Western next door, the price was double but at this time I did not care I just wanted out of this grungy dark room. We were able to get out money back as we had only been in the room for 15 minutes. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: you pay for what you get, don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Outside of several very friendly desk clerks, this place has nothing going for it. The carpets were dirty, my non-smoking single became a smoking double ("Sorry, nothing else available."), the window didn't close completely, there was noise in the halls all night, the lamps were not plugged in (had to move the TV cabinet), and Saturday there was no hot water until evening.
Why didn't I move? I could only cobble together one night here, two nights there, and at least one night sleeping in my rental car, which would have been more relaxing than the guy running in the halls at 3:30 AM pretending to be a rooster.
STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: The best room would be at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was given a room that had a broken bathtub faucet and the shower head flooded the bathroom floor. Between the maintenace man saying he was going to get parts to fix it and not showing back up and the desk clerk telling me, "Well if you want to take a shower you will need to move rooms all this while the maintenance was supposedly out getting parts and keeping in mind that this happening about 1230 at night. Finally after the third call to the desk clerk I guess I realized my only option was to move rooms, I had a presentation to do the next morning I had everything all set up and organized to revise it alarm set for the early start the next day. They were kind enough to give me another room which when I went to pick up the key there was the maintenace man. When I addressed them about this the response I was given was you got what you paid for.

Room Tip: I hope you have google earth on your laptop or a really good GPS system as the hotel sits way back o...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We were allowed early check-in and the person at the desk was pleasant. Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators. The remote control had no batteries, one lamp was without a light bulb....and didn't work when we replaced the light bulb. After a long, tiring day at a heavy metal concert, we returned to find nasty bugs in the bath tub (we took pictures). Since it was 2 am, we went to bed and in the morning, spoke with the desk clerk about the issues and requested a price adjustment. Not only would she do nothing for us, she wouldn't give her name and wouldn't call the manager. We were told that the manager would arrive at 11:30. Since this was after check-out time, we asked if we could wait in the room and not be charged another day. She agreed. We ran out to eat breakfast since there was no way we were eating their complimentary breakfast and returned at 10:45 to find our key no longer worked. We were allowed to return to our room and waited for the manager. After much discussion and negotiating by my persuasive husband, the manager agreed to give us a 20% refund. The room was average but comfortable, exactly what we needed for the purpose of our trip but not worth the hassle.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tolleson
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-10 West

Been to A Victory Inn Tolleson? Share your experiences!