“Perfect home away from home.”

Katie's Cozy Cabins
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was very satisfied with these cabins. Single bunk beds in the downstairs bedroom, a pull-out sofa in the living room, and a queen bed in the loft. Full kitchen, large fridge, nice bathroom with a stand-up shower only, no tub. The price was great at <$100/night, and we felt private away from the main streets, even though we were walking distance from all the attractions. The porch swing was a great touch. They are quaint but comfortably supplied and decorated.
Personally, I didn't find the beds comfortable (they're a softer futon-type mattress) but everyone else in my family disagreed and loved them! There are only four cabins on the property, and it felt private. We did strike up a conversation with the folks in the neighboring cabin in the evening.
There was a bit of confusion at check-in, since the property manager doesn't stay on site, and there was no key for us at the unit she had indicated, but the problem was very quickly resolved.

Room Tip: I liked our cabin #4, it was furthest from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EzzaBee

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We went to Tombstone for my husbands birthday while my father was in town. We decided to stay for a night so we could visit all the saloons Tombstone has to offer.
This place was perfect! It was an easy 2 block walk to town. We were able to bring our little dog and the price was right.
The cottages are clean, in a quiet area, and have a nice swing on the porch plus all the basic amenities.
I rated sleep quality as average because the bunk beds are narrow and the futon is, well a futon. The bed up in the loft was comfortable but you have to climb up to the loft. That was not an issue for us, however it may be for some.
I would definitely stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank funinsunplz
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Can I build one of these of my own? I took my family to Tombstone and we stayed in Katie's Cabins for the weekend and had an awesome time. The cabins are very unique, kind of like the ultimate Lincoln Log house on steroids! When you go on vacation, you want to have a great time that you won't forget - my family will remember the fun we had in the super cool cabin just as much as we will remember the touristy stuff that we did in Tombstone. The cabins themselves made our stay twice as fun! The price was very reasonable and the owner was super nice.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rick C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a great time for such a great price! My sisters and I visited Tombstone together and we rented out three of the cabins so that we could stay close to each other. We had SUCH a great time! The cabins are super cute and we loved being able to sit together on the porches drinking coffee in the morning and watch the horses and wagons go by. We also loved the close proximity to town... close enough to walk wherever we wanted but just far enough away to give us great privacy. All of the linens were clean and the beds were comfy, the kids especially LOVED their own little room with bunk beds. The cabins were stocked with dishes and pots/pans so all we had to do was bring food. Tombstone is such a unique place... we enjoyed all the historical sites and shows during the day... had some old time fun at Big Nose Kate's and the Crystal Palace in the evening... and then finished it up back at the cabins playing cards. The kids too had great things to say and want to stay at the cabins again when we come back this way! Katie herself was super nice, and since her cabins are such a great price - when we do go back through Tombstone again we most certainly will stay there!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne C
Reviewed 2 October 2013

These cabins are really handy for tombstone town. They have all you need for a stay. The interior is adequate with a very small shower. Beware the ladder to the upstairs is very steep and not for the aged or infirm or intoxicated. The bunk beds downstairs are more for kids than adults. What we found missing at the side of the upstairs bed was a small shelf to put specs etc on. I would also have thought that for the price complimentary coffee tea and creamer would have been provided. Having said all that to have the morning Sun shine through the bedroom window or to sit on the swing on the porch at night was unforgettable. Nice clean interior good towels very quiet easy walk to town

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank barrie c
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Katie was wonderful. The cabins let the family of 6 all be together unlike a hotel or b and b. We had everything we needed in our cabin just brought our own food. We were able to cook if we wanted and have a fridge and small freezer, which saved a lot of money. Dishes and cleaning supplies were there. We were sooo happy with our cabin we hope to visit again in the winter. A lovely place and owner "Katie". We are hoping to bring more family with us the next time we go.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank rhiannonsteen
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The quiet, cute, and cozy cabins are within walking distance of the downtown Tombstone attractions. I enjoyed my three night stay very much. The hosts quickly appeared when I called and gave me the key and were very interested in making my stay enjoyable--and they succeeded.

I value quiet a lot when I stay in lodgings and I got plenty of that. Even some deer showed up one morning! I used Katie's Cozy Cabins as a base for not only seeing Tombstone but also nearby Bisbee which should not be missed.

The cabins are neat and clean as a pin. I didn't use the kitchen facilities but they were available. I would certainly return on my next trip to this part of the country!

Room Tip: Each cabin is separate from the others and seem to be equally good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank BigSur1948
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#6 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Katie's Cozy Cabins? Share your experiences!