“It's a block from the historic area.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wells Fargo RV Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tombstone
Wells Fargo RV Park
Topton, North Carolina
“It's a block from the historic area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Yes the spaces are tight; I couldn't pull down our awning. BUT I didn't camp here to relax outside. Where else in a small downtown rv park could you expect more It's just a short walk to all the historical sites; OK Corral, etc. We ate in town all four nights we were here and felt quite safe walking back in the dark at 8:30. One warning, they really do not have internet access. As was mentioned they have Hughes satellite as do I at home. One day when I did connect, I was able to access the modem with the link I use at home and see they have only 450 mb download allowance per day. I have 1,250 mb at my house! So if you do manage to get on, it's dial-up speed as Hughes put you in the FAP penalty box. BUT there's another WiFi that we used that worked great. Manager didn't know who that was. I'd give the place 5 stars for convenience and no stars for WiFi from the park. It is their fault and they need to upgrade to a larger package. BUT I'd stay again for closeness to OK, etc. They do not honor any discount (good sam, etc.) but they give you a discount card good at several restaurants and attractions. Reviews on another site talk about road noise....well we're right next to the highway and it's like a ghost town after 10:00. Slept all not with no problem.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Paul R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scottdale, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed at the Wells Fargo RV park in Tombstone, AZ in a 27' travel trailer for six weeks from the end of Sept. till the beginning of Nov. 2011. It is one of the best RV parks I have ever stayed in. Although the sites are a little tight, the park is very well maintained. The restrooms and laundry are among the cleanest I have found anywhere. The manager and his wife are very friendly and quite helpful. They run "A Tight Ship" so to speak and keep a close eye on everything that happens in the park. In other words, they keep everybody under a reasonable control and keep the outsiders out. There is free internet access too. It is not secured though and sometimes it can be quite slow, but I blame this on the satellite uplink, not on the park. Everything in Tombstone is within a five minute walk from the park. All in all, I had a very enjoyable stay there and would recommend this park to everyone. In short, I loved the park and the town. Go, step back in time, and re-live a bygone era.
Rich, from Pennsylvania