“Tombstone, Arizaona. Relive the Wild West”

Old Tombstone Tours
Ranked #6 of 10 Tours in Tombstone
More attraction details
Owner description: Historical tours throughout the historical district of world famous Tombstone, Arizona.
California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tombstone, Arizaona. Relive the Wild West”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Here is your opportunity to view first hand how was life in the Wild West. Unlike many abandoned ghost towns, tombstone has a complete lively main street, preserved as it was for over hundred years ago.

Walk along Allen Street boardwalk and you will encounter old bars, stores, costume dressed residents with real guns, and saloons. Unlike all the movies about Tombstone - you see here the real scene.

Take a stagecoach ride , have a cold beer at the originally preserved Crystal Palace saloon , visit the national landmark Court House and visit the notoriously famous Birdcage saloon and theater. And do not miss the OK Coral shootout daily reenactment! they say that 30 bullets were shot there in 30 seconds...

Some attractions require fees.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DovHatayar

Los Angeles, California
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Looks Cheesy, but Great Way to Get Lots of Pics”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

OK, I felt like a tourist doing a cheesy tourist thing. The kind of thing that makes locals say, "I can't believe people pay for that."

This is a horse drawn carriage that goes through the town of Tombstone with a driver that tells the town's history. He was well informed and it was interesting. Sometimes it is difficult to hear, but the real prize of this tour is the pictures you can get of the town in such a short time.

I held my camera out the window and clicked non-stop. Due to the slow speed, almost all of the pictures came out clear; and I was able to get far more pictures than if I had walked around town. Also, since I was higher than street level, the perspective from the shots were much more appealing than the street level shots I had taken earlier in the day. I also really liked the portraits I was able to take on the inside of the carriage of my children. The shots with them looking out the carriage window turned out especially nice.

My mother had a hard time getting into the carriage, so it may not be suitable for the elderly. She isn't that old, but she isn't sporty.

Visited August 2011