“Kids had fun and actually learned some history!”

Old Tombstone Tours
Ranked #6 of 10 Tours in Tombstone
More attraction details
Owner description: Historical tours throughout the historical district of world famous Tombstone, Arizona.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Kids had fun and actually learned some history!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Very interesting history tour of a wonderful old west town. My kids left with wonderful memories along with knowledge of the west. Had a great time.

Visited April 2013

Mismaloya, Mexico
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“One Visit Was Enough For Me!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

The drive from Scottsdale was not bad, just not alot to see on the way in my opinion.
We walked the streets and had men in period costume standing in the middle of the street next to saw horses blocking vehicle traffic advising tourists the big gunfight was about to begin. All the while, their cell phones strapped on their gun belt, or talking on them. Hmmmm?!
Every corner we turned, someone was trying to get us to come in for a show or tour. Kind of like carnival workers wanting you to play their game of chance. We had to laugh at so much of it because it was too corny. I expect to pay for this and that. After all , this is necessary for their economy, but it was a little much. We went ahead and paid to see the actual OK Corral Site, a theater presentation of the history of Tombstone (really bad except for the narration) and The Birdcage Theater/Saloon. Birdcage was really interesting and worth the money. The hostess told us it was the only building that has not been modified in any way. Onward down the street, we continued to be reminded of the big gunfight down the street. An authentic re-creation of the OK Corral Gunfight. We decided to walk to this area but not pay to see this. A host tried to get us to pay to enter, which by the way, has a small miniature golf area.....ugh. He also told us we really needed to watch the gunfight, that it is a comedy family show. WHAT?
We left and walked into the Courthouse, but again you pay for it, so no thanks and it was not big on our itinerary.
We also visited the old graveyard down the road. Free, but they do have a donation option and gift shop. Honestly, go to the graveyard at Knotts Berry Farm. We found ourselves wondering....really, or did someone just come out here and write names on wood? No disrespect for the departed, but ît too, felt really cheesy. Go for historical sake and the town economy, but driving back to Scottsdale we really thought....OK, once in a lifetime is plenty when it comes to Tombstone.

Visited January 2013
California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Tombstone, Arizaona. Relive the Wild West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Here is your opportunity to view first hand how was life in the Wild West. Unlike many abandoned ghost towns, tombstone has a complete lively main street, preserved as it was for over hundred years ago.

Walk along Allen Street boardwalk and you will encounter old bars, stores, costume dressed residents with real guns, and saloons. Unlike all the movies about Tombstone - you see here the real scene.

Take a stagecoach ride , have a cold beer at the originally preserved Crystal Palace saloon , visit the national landmark Court House and visit the notoriously famous Birdcage saloon and theater. And do not miss the OK Coral shootout daily reenactment! they say that 30 bullets were shot there in 30 seconds...

Some attractions require fees.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DovHatayar
Los Angeles, California
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Looks Cheesy, but Great Way to Get Lots of Pics”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

OK, I felt like a tourist doing a cheesy tourist thing. The kind of thing that makes locals say, "I can't believe people pay for that."

This is a horse drawn carriage that goes through the town of Tombstone with a driver that tells the town's history. He was well informed and it was interesting. Sometimes it is difficult to hear, but the real prize of this tour is the pictures you can get of the town in such a short time.

I held my camera out the window and clicked non-stop. Due to the slow speed, almost all of the pictures came out clear; and I was able to get far more pictures than if I had walked around town. Also, since I was higher than street level, the perspective from the shots were much more appealing than the street level shots I had taken earlier in the day. I also really liked the portraits I was able to take on the inside of the carriage of my children. The shots with them looking out the carriage window turned out especially nice.

My mother had a hard time getting into the carriage, so it may not be suitable for the elderly. She isn't that old, but she isn't sporty.

Visited August 2011