“Tombstone Visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hemet
“Tombstone Visit”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hotel was really nice upon entering. Of course we arrived early morning 4 am.
Bed was soft, a plus for me as I dont care for a hard bed. And the pillows were labeled. Hard medium soft! That was a bonus I thought.
Great view from the room of the desert and wildlife.
Movies and popcorn were offered in the breakfast room the next night. That was fun, didnt have to sit in your room and watch one alone.
Someones Kids loved it as they ran free up and down the hall all morning.
I dont have kids, so this was a little annoying to me at 6am after two hours sleep. Over all however it was a nice hotel, excellent location, easy walk to Tombstone.
Shuttle service was offered in brochure to town, but when i asked about it was told the walk was short enough to do. So confused by what the shuttle was for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hi Cece C! Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of one of our regularly scheduled nightly activities. I do apologize for any noise issues that you encountered and for the confusion in regard to the trolley information. Although there is service to the hotel, we also encourage guests to walk if they wish to as it is a fairly short journey into Tombstone. I hope we see you again - travel safely!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Milotice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very good hotel, friendly staff. Little far from center. The room was large enough. The neighbor was a little noisy, but it is not the fault of the hotel. The breakfast was ok. We would recommend staying here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello Marcus_Libor! Thank you for staying with us! I do appreciate the time you took to share such positive comments and I will pass them along to our team. We are very interested in all of our guests feedback, and I know they would want me to apologize for your noisy neighbor even though you are gracious enough to not count it as our fault. I hope that you have an opportunity to return and visit us again!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We picked this hotel, even though it was further out than others in Tombstone, because of its facilities and its level of comfort. The rooms were comfortable, although no elevator, a car load of stuff and stairs did not make for the best time! Atleast it was only 1 floor up. We were only here for 1 night, so this was a great place to dump our stuff, go explore and have a nice comfy bed waiting for us at the end of a long day / night walking around.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blimeytravelbug
Hello blimeytravelbug! Thank you for the review of your time with us in Tombstone! It is great to hear that you were able to explore the area as there certainly are some amazing attractions nearby. I do apologize for the lack of an elevator however please know for your next visit that we are always willing to assist with transport of luggage to our second floor rooms. I hope we see you again soon!
Phoenix
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a very cute hotel. The staff is nice and it's close to town. They don't have an elevator so if you are traveling with someone who needs this request a room on the first floor. The breakfast each morning was very good with lots of options. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi Brandee J! Thank you for staying at the Grand! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday trip and I appreciate your recommendation of the property. Please know that although we do lack an elevator, we are always available to assist guests with luggage carrying. I hope that you visit us again !
washington dc
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everything about this motel is better than good. Rooms are very spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only draw back is that there is no elevator to the second floor. The pool is nice as is the hot tub but the gem is the fire pit that allows watching the beautiful sun sets over the mountain range with great seating. The staff could not have been nicer giving us great tips for dining and when we made a request to the evening staff she went above and beyond to meet our need.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi mamagoos! I really appreciate that you shared your comments about the property. I do apologize for the lack of an elevator, however our team is always ready to assist with carrying luggage or other items up to guest rooms on second floor. I am happy that you took advantage of our fire pit and the great views of the surrounding mountains. I hope you return to stay with us again! Travel safely!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Tombstone Grand was formerly a Holiday Inn so the amenities are the same. The accommodations were good. The front desk was VERY helpful when I mentioned that I had forgotten my phone charger. They offered me the use of one at no charge.

However the HBO movie guide was from April and I was staying there from 5/9 - 5/11/14. I asked the front desk for a new one and he couldn't find one or didn't know who to ask. Also the toilet seat needed tightening since the seat moved. I advised them and they said they would get maintenance on it right away.

I highly recommend this hotel for those who are staying in Tombstone. The room rate is around $99 per night but you are in a former Holiday Inn. There are other hotels that are in the area and are of course cheaper.

You pay for what you get.

Green Features: They do have cards placed in the rooms stating they are Eco-friendly and ask to reuse towels, bedding, etc., when possible
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Ronald F! Thank you for sharing your experience at the Tombstone Grand! It is great to hear that our team provided you with a high level of friendly service. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the viewing guide and bathroom maintenance and I will be speaking with our team about ways to avoid such issues in the future. Please let us know if you have other suggestions for us. I hope we see you again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Beautiful property and excellent staff. Room was very clean and the western style breakfast buffet was outstanding. Would definitely recommend to a friend and will stay here again the next time we visit Tombstone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HI Joseph M! Thank you for staying with us! I do appreciate that you shared your enjoyment of the property with others and I hope that your information proves useful to others who may be heading to Tombstone! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team - travel safely!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!