“New, friendly, and clean hotel right outside of the center of Tombstone”

The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix
“New, friendly, and clean hotel right outside of the center of Tombstone”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I was near Tombstone for business. We had stayed here once before, but it has since changed names. It was just as I remembered and I was quite glad we stayed there. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They will give you a free map at the front and recommend various activities around Tombstone. It was a very enjoyable stay. And it is a beautiful setting!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi Ashley S! Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time to review your experience. I was pleased to hear that this return visit to our property was up to your expectations and that we were able to provide you with a clean property and friendly team members to make you welcome. I hope that we see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Seaside, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the place to stay while visiting Tombstone! It is close to everything worth seeing in this area. I recommend seeing Boot Hill, eating at "Big Nose Kate's" for lunch and seeing the "Helldorado" gunfight show for amusement.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dennis J
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hi Dennis J and thank you for staying with us! I really appreciate the kind words in your review and I will share them with our team. If you have any ideas or suggestions for us, please feel free to contact the hotel anytime. Travel safely and I hope we see you again in Tombstone!
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a fairly frequent visitor to Tombstone, I have to say that the Grand Hotel on Hwy 80 near Boot Hill, was a great and pleasant surprise after reading it was rated only fourth of the Tombstone Hotels/Motels. Some earlier reviews were really harsh, and the rates listed were $20 to $25 more than the higher rated places. But the "Manager's Special" brought the rates down to the others so I thought I would take a chance. Since my wife was with me on this trip I was looking for something a little nicer and more modern than those in town.

Not knowing what to expect, I kept my fingers crossed as we checked in, but immediately knew I had made the right decision. We walked in to a clean, modern motel. The staff was very friendly and courteous and explained the pool/spa, movie night, breakfast, etc., amenities. Our room was very clean, modern, and comfortable, with a good shower, and a working air conditioner. And since it was a Monday night...very quiet. We also appreciated the 24 hour coffee, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. An outdoor patio area overlooking the terrain was nice too...but with the rain we were not able to take as much advantage of it as we would have liked.

The self serve breakfast was what you would expect in most nice motels, but nothing special. Checkout was a breeze, and we were presented with little bag of souviniers, which was a really nice touch.

I asked the staff why they were not rated higher, and they admitted there had been some problems in the past, but they were working very hard to turn that around...and we would agree that they are working hard...and succeeding !!!

Compared to the other motels in town that I have stayed at in Tombstone and rated 4's, this deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale175
Hello Dale175! Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to prove our commitment to providing a truly memorable experience for all of our guests. I really appreciate the detail you provided in your review and the recommendation you gave for the property. I will be sharing your kind words with our team and I know they will be pleased to hear about the positive impression they made during your visit. I do hope that we see you when you return to the area - travel safely!
Arizona City
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. This hotel had all of the amenities we require, such as pool, hot tub, refrigerator in room and breakfast. The staff is friendly and willing to help with ideas for places to visit while in Tombstone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Lizabeth L
Hi Lizabeth L! Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words about the property and our friendly, helpful staff! I hope your group enjoyed the ride to this part of the Southwest! Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us as we are always looking to improve. Travel safely!
Corona
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ground floor room was good, no climbing stairs. Breakfast was good, 12 noon checkout was a blessing for our sleeping late persons. Would not suggest walking into town, snakes, tarantulas etc. are in the area. The only thing open after 9 pm are the bars. Beware immigration checkpoint as you leave town; we were asked if we had documents to prove US Citizenship. Definitely see the gunfight show and do the stagecoach tour. Good ice-cream and sandwich shop in town. We will stay here again and visit Tombstone again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Ernest A! Thank you for staying with us while you visited this historic part of the Southwest! I know my team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I will pass along your kind words about the property. Travel safely and I hope we see you again!
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice lady that checked us in and was very helpful in providing us with information. Your rooms were very nice and clean. We had a nice breakfast the next morning before visiting your town. A very nice visit and we would recommend The Tombstone Grand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi happylife66! I really appreciate that you took time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind words with our team and I know they will want me to pass along a "Please come see us again soon!" Thank you and travel safely!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend.Great place. Rooms very clean and large. It seemed that our room was missing a chair. One corner seemed empty like it had been removed and not replaced. Staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The FREE hot breakfast was excellant. Many choices, fresh and hot. The pool was kinda dirty, we did have a monsoon blow thru everyday so that was probably the reason. Only blocks from downtown Tombstone where we spent most all our time which was convenient. Would most definitely stay there next time and recommend to friends and family traveling that way.

Room Tip: The hotel seemed like all rooms would have a good view. We did request 2nd floor (no elevator here...