“Once Again”

Budget Host Inn Tombstone
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for weekend, on Vigilante days in Tombstone,,,, we live only 18 miles away, but come to this motel, for a getaway. Always awesome,, Barry and Candice and staff,, always great,,,,,simple nice,, and comfort,, what else would you want????? Thanks

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken S

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is very cool. My son and I along with two of our Service Dogs checked in. The rooms are clean and well maintained. State of the art? No. Who cares. It was a nice place to lay your head down at night and lets see.........oh and there are some playful long time local residents.

After we did a ghost hunt at the birdcage we came back and went to bed. Right at the the stroke of midnight I heard what appeared to be doors slamming on the second floor. We were in RM 309. Now there was an elderly couple in a room at the front of the bldg and no one on the second floor (Off Season). The dogs started to alert and both are formal military k-9. So I have learned to trust their reactions. Then the deadbolt unlocked twice. That made me nervous to get my sidearm out. Checked out the window and no one was there. Then the AC switched off and the heat came on. A few minutes later the heat switched off and the AC came back on. The curtain above the AC started moving crazy and even though it was above the AC vent it was not moving until this activity. Then as suddenly it started it all stopped and the dogs went back to sleep and so did I. Nothing malicious more like pranksters. I am still a skeptic but that was cool.

The one issue I had is that they charged a 25.00 deposit for the medical alert service dogs which I was not worried about and got it back still..............

Overall it was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan F
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Got this hotel cause it was only one with opening. Started out room down stairs thought it was ok, but later in the night my friend and I got bit up by bed bugs. I tried calling the office on there emergency number but nobody would answer. So I the morning went to the office with some of the bugs I caught. The person behind tge counter freaked out when he saw the bites and the bugs. So he changed our room to an upgraded one. It was all fine until later on I found bugs again in that room so they changed my room again. On the ok side they did try to accommodate, but its just way too much hassle. Wont stay here again....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights, older place but has an atmosphere to it, laundry facility, wifi didn't work even sitting outside the office but that is minor. Excellent location within walking distance of everything. Would stay again, price is right.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nitroxron
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Loved it. Just what you would want in a cool place like Tomstone. The views from the balcony out the back over the landscape were fabulous. And a bunch of bald headed eagles nest in the trees every dusk. You can sit and watch that for hours.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room out the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicoleBell3
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Okay, I know this is Tombstone, you pay for that, but I pay to see the town and all its western glory. When I lay my head down at night and pay 73 bucks for a single, I expect a little more. Dirt parking lot, always fun on a motorcycle, 30 year old 15 inch TV's with grainy pictures, bottles of Walmart shampoos and body wash watered down to almost uselessness, Oh God, I hope it was just water, UGGGGG! A huge coffee Urn in the office that didn't get fired up until about 8AM even though I was up at 6, along with about half the motel. Just to be fair, The view out my door was great and they had plenty of clean towels. The line was long at checkin but the sole office guy really did a pretty amazing job checking in 2 people at a time and making the wait in the heat more bearable. Carpet in room was filthy and guy next door blared TV all night long, easily heard through super thin walls, even with banging on wall. There is better here in Tombstone but they were all booked, I guess we now know why this place wasn't.

Room Tip: I guess they have "new" rooms? Better ask for one and try your luck
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bill N
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I'm not sure why all the negative reviews. I've stayed here twice in the past 2 months and have had excellent experiences each time. Yes the rooms are not Vegas amazing but it is, after all, Tombstone. You aren't here for the hotel like Vegas. You are here for the Old West experience! That being said the hotel provided two quality queen beds, an adjoining room door for our 2 rooms, and a clean bathroom. Barry is awesome and superhelpful.

• Stayed: April 2014