“Very Clean, Comfortable, great price and location!”
Review of Larian Motel

and 1 more site!
Larian Motel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms are very clean and set up very comfortably. All of the staff was very helpful, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a room in Tombstone. You are walking distance from the main streets and couldnt ask for a better place to stay!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said. These are the kinds of places I love to stay, true Americana. Room was big and clean. I stayed in the sherrif johhny behan room. Rates were great. Main strip of town is one block over. Linda, the innkeeper, was a gracious host. She gave me pointers about town, drew a map, mailed postcards for me, as well as got me information about the slide fires as I am traveling around arizona right now. I would stay here again in a flash. Tombstone and the Larian were great and I plan on being back. Thanks again linda!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I travel from Houston to Tombstone for "Wyatt Earp Days" every Memorial Day Weekend. We've stayed at the Larian Motel 5 years now. Over the years, we've visited with friends staying at other motels in the area, and the Larian is by far the cleanest and most-kept-up of all of them. It's also quieter than any of the other motels as it's a single story complex. Frankly, I'd rate some of the other motels in the area as just one notch above "dive" -- but not the Larian! The Larian is also one block (easy walking-distance) from the boardwalk and all the activities. Yes, there are two recently updated hotels on the north side of town, but you have to drive into Tombstone for everything - and find parking. I prefer the cleanliness, the quiteness, the comfort, and the convenience of the Larian over any other place in Tombstone.

Room Tip: Room #9 has a private screened-in porch. It has a smaller room and has a smaller bathroom, however...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice room with confortable bed,all very clean. Very friendly owner with a incredible haircut :-) Thanks for your helpful suggestion for dinner & places to visit! very recommended! Ilaria & Paolo from Cuneo-Italy

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Wasn't sure when I booked it but couldn't believe when I arrived. Just a small motel but front desk is super friendly and rooms, nothing fancy, are very clean. Beds are comfortable, bathroom small but super clean, nice tv, refrigerator and within walking distance to main attractions except graveyard. I've stayed in 5-star hotels... while this isn't 5-star, don't judge this book by its cover. I highly recommend it! Also appears very safe for travelers! So glad I chose this little hidden gem!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Town is literally 3 minutes away walking distance. This motel fills up quick, so book well in advance. The owners are friendly, the staff are helpful. The motel defiantly isn't a luxury hotel, so if that's what you'd like it, it's best to choose another, but it's defiantly a unique motel.
I'd recommend it. And Tombstone is a really cool town. Check out dragoons bar, the owner Craig is a good guy, and the ambience is awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Randi S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the old-fashioned kind of motel where you park in front of your room and the door opens to the great outdoors. No plastic swipe card-- you get a real key. There are some benches on the covered area between the parking and the rooms so you can sit outside and visit with your neighbors. There is a vending machine for sodas and an ice machine near the office. A nice array of native cactus and desert plants are in the center of the parking area, something pretty to look at.

We had a two queen room that came with a small coffee maker and a mini fridge sitting on the desk. It also had a small couch facing the TV. The closet was ample. We had plenty of space to spread out. As stated in other reviews, the bathroom is small. Not a lot of places to put things since the coffee service items take up a shelf. The toiletries offered were of good quality and smelled nice.

It may have been my imagination but the sink seemed really short-- I'm sure it is standard size but I seemed to have to bend way over to get my head under the faucet to wash my hair. Kinda funny actually.

The bed had comfortable linens and we slept well. The only really bothersome thing in the room was the loud air conditioning--even on low fan it was loud, but it was effective. There are plenty of windows to open if you'd rather have fresh air, and no bothersome street noise.

We had a rate of $85, which I suppose is OK for a tourist town but seems a bit high otherwise since there is no breakfast offered. We had an early departure so did not try the local restaurants for breakfast. The Circle K down the main street does have good coffee and an array of breakfast sandwiches that are not terrible. But for a clean and well-appointed room within walking distance of all the sights, this is a motel that should not disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SapphireVoyager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 11 in Bisbee
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
Tombstone Sagebrush Inn
#5 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Larian Motel? Share your experiences!