“Tombstone Bordello, the best place to stay in Tombstone Az”
Review of Tombstone Bordello

Tombstone Bordello
Ranked #5 of 13 Tombstone B&B and Inns
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Tombstone Bordello, the best place to stay in Tombstone Az”
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Just got back from a trip to Tombstone Az., and we stayed at the Tombstone Bordello. The other reviewers here raved about this place so we decided to stay there. We weren't disappointed at all. The location is within walking distance from downtown, away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds, making it nice and quiet day and night. The rooms are decorated in the 1880s style and the are wonderful. The hosts, Lynda and Dusty, are super friendly, and they bend over backwards to accommodate you and make you feel welcomed. The breakfast they serve is home cooked and huge. We were so full from breakfast, we only had a small ice cream at lunch then didn't eat again till supper. The pool is available for that late night swim and the hot tub is a relaxing place to wind down after a day of sightseeing. The Bordello was full and everybody we met there was super friendly. It appears they attract a very nice group of guests, and Linda tells me that several of the guests are there every year on this weekend. It's like a big happy family, growing with every new guest. Tombstone is a wonderful place to visit, it's like stepping back in time. Several of the folks there dress in 1880s attire and perform old west shows. There is almost always some event going on, though mostly on the weekends. So if you are traveling to or through Tombstone and need a place to stay, I recommend staying at the Tombstone Bordello, You won't be sorry you did. Book ahead though because they only have 10 rooms and they fill up fast on the weekends.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My husband and I got married at the Tombstone Bordello on Sept. 25 2009 and Dusty and Linda were so awsome. They actually made an extra room for a suprise guest. Our whole family filled the place and fell in love also. When you walk into the Bordello you walk into a place filled with love and humor. It is very nice, clean and quite enjoyable. You are greeted with a hug and leave with new friends. We will definitly be back for our 1st anniversary. This place is A++++++ #1 in our book! We love you guys!!!

• Stayed September 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 25 September 2009

In July, I booked two rooms over the phone, one room for my husband & I who live in Phoenix, and one for my adult son who was visiting from Canada. Upon arrival, we discovered that because we were the only guests booked for that night, Lynda had upgraded my son's room in order to put us all on the second floor together, and had also given us a $10 discount on our room. We settled our things and made a brisk walk uptown to attend the OK Corral gun fight that Lynda told us was showing at 5pm. Unfortunately, the gunfight hadn't been performed on a Monday at 5pm for almost a year. Other than that small disappointment (we ended up attending the next day's 2pm performance before leaving town) our stay was very pleasant. We enjoyed our dinner at the Longhorn, per Lynda's recommendation and later we really enjoyed the outdoor spa. Both Lynda and Dusty joined us for a late evening spa-side chat and both were in the dining room at the delicious full breakfast. We felt like guests in the private home of close friends.
The only real (and still unresolved) disappointment is that my son left behind a necklace he had purchased for his lady friend. It seems it fell off the bed & was overlooked when he packed up. I called about a week later (he discovered it was missing when he got home to Canada), and Lynda confirmed that the housekeeper had found it when clearing up. Until I called, they didn't know who had left it behind. I have had several phone conversations since with Lynda where she has promised to send it, making excuses why she hadn't done so. Last week it was "in a pouch, all ready to go" and she was mailing it the next day. My phone call to her this morning resulted in her stating she doesn't normally return items left behind, but because she liked us she was willing to do so. And that she just hadn't been to the post office-she never goes there. Upon further questioning, it seems she doesn't use the Tombstone post office which is only a few blocks away, but goes to the one in Sierra Vista which is 30 miles away. Anyway, nice or not, I am starting to feel like I'm getting a runaround. Today I offered to have her use my FedEx account to send it at my expense, and she said it was the same as having to go to the post office so that didn't help.
I would recommend it. I don't know if I would go back if I don't get my son's necklace but we did enjoy ourselves, it is a lovely building and they are friendly & nice proprietors otherwise.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phxred
california
Reviewed 10 September 2009

My husband and I have traveled to many old West towns for historical re-enactment events, but a visit to Tombstone for a stay at the bordello ranks right up there among our favorites. The bordello is a historical building dating to the 1880's, when it was built by Big Nosed Kate herself! It is well appointed with modern conveniences (like A/C, showers in each room) but still retains the feel of a bygone era. The owners, Dusty and Linda, are friendly, accommodating and just the best hosts I've ever encountered in my travels..they are knowledgeable about the area, local sights and history, and even arranged the most amazing historical tour to Gammons Gulch! Linda's breakfast will easily see you through a long day of adventuring, and the pool and hot tub in the yard are amazing after a long day in costume...it is a convenient walk down Allen Street to get to the town, or go left and visit the Tombstone cemetery for a bit of history. We've brought different groups of people here over the years, and everyone has raved to us about the bordello and how much they enjoyed their stay. Dusty even performed our vow renewal one year under their beautiful gazebo, and we had a lovely renewal party! If you're going to Tombstone, the Tombstone Bordello is a treasure you'll be glad you found!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nepthys
NORTH DAKOTA
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This was our fourth trip to Tombstone and our first stay at the Tombstone B & B...It was a great experience- Our hosts Linda & Dusty were amazing and made sure we were comfortable and answered all of the questions we had. The food was great, plenty of fresh fruit and a tasy breakfast each day. The pool area was beautiful, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub...Would recommend in a heart-beat.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank audz62
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2009

My friend and I stayed here over "Wyatt Earp Days" during the Memorial Day weekend 2009. The Bordello was originally built by "Big Nosed Kate", Doc Holliday's long time female companion to be used to sustain Kate's lifestyle she was accustomed to after "Doc" left her to go on "Wyatt's Vengence Quests" following the murder of Wyatt's younger brother Morgan. The Bordello is clean and very quiet. Like staying in someone's very own house. The place is very old but it doesn't reflect its age in physical condition or smell. It does have bathrooms in every room, something that did not exist when the bordello was built. It was very well maintained over the years and the basic building and frame and interior and exterior design is original. Much of the furnature is well maintained and clean from the 19th and early 20th century. Historians will like it. Lynda was a perfect hostess and cook. Her breakfasts will hold you all day. The rooms are cleaned daily and linens are changed every 3 days, towels everyday. Just like the big hotels. The pool and spa are modern. There is no TV, telephone, bright lights or internet in the rooms but wireless is available on the bordello's wireless net. The rooms have window A/C (something else non-existant until the 50's), yet they give you a feel for the 19th century. The beds are queen size and firm. One bed per room, just like a bordello. The place is up for sale now and I hope the next owner maintains the bordello as a B&B and keeps the historical building up as well as the current owner. There are a few historic buildings and homes for sale in Tombstone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Strawberrieberet
California
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We stayed at the Bordello when our son got married, which he did right there. The rooms were clean and exstremely neat. I would recomend this place to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy the old west. The people who ran the place was extremely nice and made you feel at home. Try them you will enjoy your stay.
Tracy

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank Howes21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
#6 of 9 in Tombstone
Allen Street Inn
Allen Street Inn
#3 of 13 in Tombstone

Been to Tombstone Bordello? Share your experiences!