“Good value”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good value”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very clean, a retro experience. It is a motor court from the mid-20th century, and as such, it requires manners that were customary from that time period. The walls between rooms are very thick and soundproof. But here is the deal - if you are a guest, keep in mind that every sound you make outside, especially during quiet hours when other people might be sleeping - is heard and amplified in the other rooms. Announcing from the parking lot at 5 am sharp to the hard-of-hearing inside your room that you are "GOING FOR COFFEE", and then succumbing to emphysema in a prolonged, mucous-ridden outburst, is not proper etiquette for your surroundings. The proprietors are wonderful, but they must have seen it all from their guests, as evidenced by the signs about towel usage/theft. Ah, the public.

Room Tip: Hope for polite neighbors.
1 Thank Cellist724

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a very nice time here, at good winter rates during Tombstone´s slow month of December. Everything worked well. Rooms have fridge and microwave and ample space to move around. Jacuzzi up and running, friendly people there to help.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 - 12 are in a separate wing of this motor motel
Laveen, AZ
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our company from Europe enjoyed the Southwestern ambiance at the Trail Rider Inn, as did we.
Our hosts, Lauren and Paul, made sure that we had what we needed and were available for special requests. I believe they extend this courtesy and high level of service to any guests at their lodgings.
This quaint, yet modernly appointed 1950's era Motor Lodge, is located within easy walking distance of most of the Tombstone attractions; and it is also situated as a central base of operations for visiting tourist attractions in the area, including Bisbee, the Chiracaua Mountains, and attractions in Sierra Vista. Had I done my research more carefully, I would have spent more time at the Trail Rider Inn in Tombstone, than in Benson.
On my next trip to bring guests to the south of Arizona, I will not make this mistake again.
Larry Hanson - Laveen, Arizona

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jahdyna
Sutherland Springs ,Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The place is cute and clean .There really isn't anything special about this place but, as far as places to stay in Tombstone its better than most . The room is clean and has everything you could need . They don't have blow dryers in the room but the owners let us use theirs . I would stay here again .

1 Thank juwelzie
AZ
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Two couples, one with Grandson in tow, perfect place for visiting Tombstone; just 2 blocks to all the action. Surprised they had wifi, but difficulty finding a plug for the phone; had to move furniture in room 7 to charge phone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Edna1111
temecula, ca
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We chose this place because of the favorable trip advisor reviews. Our room was very cute. It was not very modern but they had thought of everything to make your stay comfortable. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Very much enjoyed the coffee, juice and snacks that were out in the morning. Loved the paved parking lot and being able to park the motorcycles right in front of our room. Staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Next time we pack a swimsuit and try the new hot tub - pool looked inviting too. Very close to the restaurants and saloons, we were able to walk everywhere from the motel. Thanks for a good time, will be back next year.

Room Tip: Room 6 1/2 was a little small but we noticed that some of the bigger rooms had carpet and prefer a t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I want to say how lovely it was to speak with Lauren when I called to book a room for my birthday weekend. She was pleasant and friendly and accommodating. Thank you Lauren for appreciating your customers. My review is for customer service only. I'll add another review about the room with photo's once we complete our stay.

My boyfriend suggested the Trail Rider's Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews (ranked #2) but I wanted to stay at the Larian because it was rated #1. Linda at the Larian was very rude to me over the phone and even hung up on me when I mentioned I wanted to reach out to the owner. I stay at a lot of hotels because I travel for business and although this is a vacation trip, I'd skip the Larian based on Linda's terrible people skills! Make the Trail Rider's Inn your first call!

Room Tip: Based on another review I read, I asked about the room 6 1/2 and it turns out there are outlets but...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#6 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Trail Rider's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!