“Nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Yuma, Arizona
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This motel was very clean. We found the room a little small when advertised as large but quite comfortable. The breakfast consisted of donuts, orange juice and coffee.
It was quiet and within walking distance of historical sites.
No shelving in bathrooms to put your personals. We will stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ljmcnally75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This motel is definitely nothing to write home about but was perfect for what we needed. I wanted to stay within walking distance to Allen St. so we could have cocktails at night. The management was friendly, the room was clean, and not too uncomfortable for a night. The decor and furnishings are dated and nothing fancy. There is a small outdoor pool. I booked through an online agent and according to the other reviews I got a pretty good price at about $65 a night. If this motel had not been in a tourist destination I wouldn't want to pay more than $50 for it but that's just my opinion. Having said all this I would stay there again if I was visiting Tombstone for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melinda B
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having read the other reviewers, I wondered if I stayed at the same place. A recent reviewer said the motel has all the charm of an English B&B – really? I think not. My experience was more along the lines of 1) your price is higher than your reservation ($94 vs. $106) and 2) breakfast consists of instant orange juice, boiled egg, cheap coffee, and a stale donut. Overall, Trail Rider's Inn is relatively expensive for what you are getting.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have the wooden bed post.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David M
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place was so unexpectedly lovely. We came here on a family trip in April 2014. We had 13 people in our group. We were given 5 rooms all right next to each other. Adults stayed up at night and played games out on the picnic tables while kids snuggled into their comfortable clean beds. Bathrooms were well kept, tile floors in every room. We each had a mini fridge and a nice TV. Kids enjoyed the clean pool and fun hot tub. Can't beat the location either. So close to all Tombstone attractions. You can walk everywhere you need to go. Lauren runs this place like and English Bed and Breakfast. Having just returned from the UK, we were happy to experience the loveliness of English hospitality right here in our own neck of the woods.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank asuyellie
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We've been staying at the Trailriders for the past 8 years. The owners, Paul and Lauren are excellent hosts and make sure every need or issue is taken care of. The rooms are great and the location, about a block from historic Allen Street is excellent. Everything is within walking distance. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Bunkhouse rooms have quite a bit more room and amenities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris L
hesperia ca.
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I'll start off saying we came to party and have fun! After a night at the saloons we came back to our room and received a few complaints. I guess we didn't realize the walls are paper thin. You can literally hear the tv next door. The next morning the owner told my friend to give a biker, 20$ as a bribe cause his sleep was disturbed. I thought that was unprofessional. When we reserved our rooms we were told they were 82$ a night after tax. When we checked in it was 97$ and were told we were misquoted. The rooms were clean and comfortable even though we did find a roach. After we came home we realized they charged our card an additional 20$, they never explained that charge to us or told us they were going to charge us for anything. If I ever go back to tombstone or know anyone who does, I will advise them not to stay here unless you came to sleep or whisper..

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank jessicacary
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Planned a quick one night stay on spring break with my family. Also talked a neighbor into joining us on the trip. Really excited about seeing Tombstone, and having kids experience an actual "motel" versus the usual Marriotts. Booked two rooms next to each other. one for the wife and I, and the other for the 3 boys, oldest 16, and twin 10 year old boys. The rooms are not adjoining, but they are next to each other so all is good. Or so we thought. After the drive from Phoenix were looking forward to checking in and getting out to Big Nose mates for dinner. Upon checkin we are told that the owner gave away our room to a large group of bikers (I'm ok with bikers,had a Harley for years), so that they could be close to ash other. We are then shown to the room for the kids, which was outside of the normal U-shaped Motel property, past two trailers one with a barking pit bull, past the dumpster and into this little room right on the highway. The woman showing us was very kind and apologetic, and kept saying she was sorry, but it was the owner who did it, and he was off for the night. There was no way we were splitting up our family. They did offer to try to find us other accommodations, but we also had the friends and his family, and it would be too much to ask them to leave also.
Finally I was introduced to the owners wife, she too was very nice and upset with the situation. She offered me the second room for free, a savings of $60.00. I explained that as much as I appreciated this gesture, it was more about the vacation, and this night was clearly ruined, my wife was upset, etc.
As for the actual motel, it is very rustic. It is clean also. The beds are acceptable but their were holes in the blankets etc.. The heaters put out a smell, and I did notice there was a holder for a smoke alarm, but no smoke alarm. Electrical was the typical old building without outlets, lots of plugs into one, sand rewiring. Shower was a challenge, very small and either scalding, or cold. I must say our friends room was nicer than either of ours. I would steer clear of room 14, as it is really off the main property by a dumpster and across the street from a building where a bunch of guys in orange jumpsuits were hanging out. They all had "ADOC" on them.
We all laughed at the sign in the office asking guests not to swim with open soars or diarrhea. It also requested that if you were incontinent, that you should wear tight fitting swim trunks. Well that pretty much guaranteed we would pass on the pool.
They put out coffee and orange juice for the guests in the morning, along with some donuts, all a nice gesture unless it runs out before you have yours. Sorry not early risers on vacation.
In a nutshell, the ladies are nice, the place is clean, but very rustic. I can't recommend this place to families because of their decision to separate us to keep adults close together. If this is important to you, choose another property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Reefbreak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tombstone
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#6 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Larian Motel
Larian Motel
#1 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Trail Rider's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!