“NOT NICE”

Bella Union's Adobe Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tombstone
Bella Union's Adobe Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tombstone
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed here just once and would have slept in the Van knowing what we know now. Never again will we EVER stay here. The room had a bad odor (cat urine I think) the beds were not comfy and the bedding was rummage sale quality. The bathroom sink was terribly stained and there were a pair of women undies on the pipes under the sink cabinet. Everywhere else was booked so we paid for three nites upon arrival (before we knew better) stayed the first nite and pulled out. Lost our money for the remaining 2 paid nites but it was ok cuz we got out of there with our health in tact. I dont know what other people see in this place. I hope this helps future travelers from staying in this Hell-Hole. Call ahead of your stay and book with any other place but steer clear of the Adobe Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silverjewels

Reviewed 29 March 2010

My girls & I came up from phoenix for a girls night. The hotel had this one room with 3 beds in it & a fridge. It was perfect for us!! This room was really unique with this wooden ceiling & was just rather cutesy & quaint. It was really fantastic!

It was our first deviation from our usual trips to like Vegas or Cali. So a couple girls were thrown off by the hotel being that is was not crisp and brand-new like the vegas hotels... So it's not a new hotel by any means.... but then again--it's an OLD WEST town lol. So it fit the charm of the town. For me, it was clean & charming. And I liked it.

We all had a blast that night!!! My recommendation: Get a room like this & split the bill... We fit 5 girls in this room & saved the rest of our money for partying downtown!!! It was funny how the front receptionist said this hotel is "stumbling distance".... Because I would have to heartily agree!!! And the proximity to downtown kept us all safe :-)

My best friend is getting married soon. & she's all in to the western & cowboy stuff, & wants to have her bachelorette party in tombstone & stay at the Lodge ;-)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank idahobaby76
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I wanted a quick, cozy, get away from the city and decided to make a trip to Tombstone. Made the reservations 3 weeks in advance and called the day before to inquire about check-in time. Upon calling, I was informed that you must pre-pay in order to guarantee your room. I offered to pre-pay when I first made the reservation and was told that I didn't need to because it was not a busy weekend. Never-the-less, I prepaid to guarantee that my husband and I got a King-size bed. The following day we made the 3-hour trip to Tombstone only to find that our King-size bed was not available-- funny how we had to pre-pay for a room that was never really reserved. Even so, I was just happy to be there and was not yet phased by their lack of competence. As we walked to our queen-size room, the clerk swiftly shuffled up the stairs in front of us, explaining that she needed to clean the room first. So.... we waited and waited while she changed the sheets on the bed. No idea if anything else was cleaned or not. Once she finished my husband and I quickly freshened up and headed out to enjoy a nice meal at the Longhorn. Around 10:30m we returned to our room to relax for the rest of the evening. To our despair, their was this very annoying noise that was consistent for at least 30 minutes. Unable to sleep, we called the front office. No answer. We walked down to the office. No one there. We would have stayed if they could have arranged a different room, but not being able to sleep just was not an option. As a last resort, my husband and I attempted to sleep in our vehicle for about an hour. This was just ridiculous. Giving in, we drove down to another hotel at about 12am to spend yet another couple hundred dollars. In the morning we called the office... and called...and called. Finally we just headed down there only to find that the office does not open until 1pm. What kind of business doesn't open until 1pm??? Anyway, we continued to wait as this had become custom now. At around 1:45pm a young girl flew into the parking lot and jumped out of her vehicle. To her surprise she was greeted by a crowd of people waiting to get rooms or get service. My husband were first in line and began explain the incidence of the prior evening. She then (with a typical teenage attitude) said that she has never had this problem before and we would have to wait until she checked everyone in, even though most of the group went across the street to check in at the Tombstone Motel (good choice). Even though I was furious after having waited so long, I politely walked away and waited. Finally she was ready to deal with us. I asked for her to get the manager on the phone and she stormed out (as a 2 year old not getting their way might) to make a private call to her manager. Upon speaking with the manager we were informed that because we prepaid no part of our reservation could be refunded. I then told him that I signed no paper stating that refunds were unavailable to those who pre-paid and was not once told by any of his staff. I also told him that I was willing to pay for the night we partially stayed here but not for the following night which we already booked another hotel for. Not willing to work with me at all, we left... very disgruntled I might add. THIS IS ALL A SCAM!! Not once did anyone apologize for the condition of the room or for the fact that we did not get the room we pre-paid for, which was supposedly guaranteed. Luckily, we have contacted our bank and put in a dispute for the charges made by Bella Union. They are currently in the process of investigating the situation.

I was prepared for a small, charming, Mom & Pop type place and all we got was a room we didn't request, dirty sheets, a sleep-less night, and enough attitude to make you red in the face. I would NOT RECOMMEND this place to anyone!!!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank carebear84
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and i love to come to tombstone every year and we have stayed at the Bella Union Adobe Lodge for 5 years now and have fell in love with it every time we stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the owners are super friendly. Recommend this hotel and give it an A++

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Not quite the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at, but the the room my wife & I stayed at was very cozy! I had the opportunity to speak with the owner who was very pleasant and enthusiastic about the town & recommended sights to visit. He made us feel very welcome after our long road trip. The hotel seemed a bit aged but the premises were neat & tidy.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The bed was very comfortable. The floor was clean. No bugs. Good parking area. Pleasant lady at the desk (part owner?)

However:
1- Ran out of toilet paper! No extra roll!!! (but I had some in our Suburban.)
2- 1 out of the 6 light bulbs above the sinks worked.
3- No WIFI
4- No cups, coffee, etc for day 2 (day 1 had 4 styrafoam cups, total)
5- No maid service for day 2.
6- TWO towels, total for the two days
7- Heater covered by drapes which had to be tucked away somehow - and then would come un-tucked.
8- VERY old motel - and it shows its age in many ways.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 October 2008

We stayed at the Bella Union Adobe Lodge this weekend and feel like we totally wasted our $150 for two nights. The rooms are old and nasty. You could see through the sheets on the bed and the shower was either scalding you or freezing you--it would change on a moment's notice. The hotel does not clean your room if you are staying two nights--you have to ask for clean towels. There are no amenities--no ice machine, no coffee, no frills at all. It's close to Allen Street, but that is the only positive I could find.

Our friends stayed at the new addition to the Tombstone Motel--very nice, clean and just across the street and it was cheaper!!