“Do not miss this place.”

Bar y Restaurante El Coco
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Dominical
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Central American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Read about the El Coco, wasn't sure about the comments as "cheap joint", but was pleasantly surprised. Better description would be "inexpensive, and really sincere." I honestly think these guys just love doing this and see no reason to charge an arm and a leg about it. Was here two days ago for "a" beer, walked in again today and the little guy at the bar was basically waiting for me with the same brand all ready to open. $2 for an Imperial? If its cheaper somewhere, I haven't found it. Still, there is linen on the tables, floor is clean, ceiling fans work, walk in the front off the street, go out the back to the beach. Just cool, and very appealing and friendly. (We're travelling as a family - no spring break jocks looking for cheap beer here.)

Decided to eat this time, and the food was all excellent - ceviche, black bean soup, seafood spaghetti, all nicely presented and really tasty. My daughters say that the beef nachos supreme they shared was the best they have ever had-and they're tough critics.

You just can't go wrong.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had dinner here with my family of 4.
Great spot close to the beach, no windows so no problem with smoking people.
Extended menu and dead cheap prices on food and drinks.

As I wouldn't test too hard freshness of food here, we all had the typical casado, which was cheap and great!!!!

Really enjoyed this place as it was a relief from all those pricey restaurants in CR, especially on the southern Pacific coast

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Don't order the ceviche....
We were sick for two days, one bathroom...
The service was friendly and the setting was pretty but the food poisoning brings my rating down.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

clean place, nice ocean view and certainly feels authentic. Food is decent, but they did have the best arroz con pollo I've had in Dominical and I think I've tried them all.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Food was awesome, view spectacular and the iguana coming out of the tree was an added attraction! Food for the whole family!