“An authentic and top-level experience!”

Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations , adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A recent visit to Bamboo YogaPlay left me understanding that I need to visit more often! Sofiah and the team at BYP greeted me with a smile and made me instantly feel as though I was part of their family. An intense yoga session and a bit of life-counseling made me feel great, both inside and out.

The team at BYP is very professional and are fantastic about giving one-on-one attention. I highly recommend BYP to anyone wanting to a healthier lifestyle.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank WMDesign

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Nice big space,wood floors,high ceilings ang jungle makes up three walls/view....how often do you experience that! Only took one class as it is slow season and the instructor left town for vacation.
Took a 90 min jungle yoga class which moved at a nice slow pace, great poses...felt really good afterwards.

1  Thank juanthewave
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Bamboo Yoga is a great yoga studio, offerings participants of all disiplines and levels, great yoga in a calming and tranquil environment.
Suitable for both yogis and holiday makers, the instructors make you feel very comfortable and welcome. The classes are well structured and help you to feel relaxed and energised at the same time.

1  Thank Kristy Q
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I passed Bamboo YogaPlay driving back from the beach, but when I stepped inside I knew it was just what I was looking for and I didn't even know it. Even as a first-time walk in they make you feel completely welcome. I made it to two classes the week I was in Dominical and wish I could have made more. The Vinyasa and Vida classes were excellent, strenuous classes and the yoga studio is beautiful and peaceful. If I have any critique, it would be that the borrow mats are pretty old, dirty and have lost their stick... try to bring your own if you can.

1  Thank TravelswithkidsNY
SofiahT, Owner at Danyasa Eco-Retreat - Bamboo Yoga Play Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

I am so happy you found us when you were in Dominical! We love the fact we are right in the middle of our cute little beach town for this very reason! People find something they didn't even know they were looking for in the heart of Dominical! And I have some great news about our jungle eaten mats! In March just after you visited we replaced all of our mats with Manduka mats that have a life long guarantee!
So, if you are reading this review and thinking about visiting us, you can be rest assured you will rent yourself a beautiful sticky manduka mat to practice in our beautiful studio.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We love Bamboo Yoga Play and go to a class each time we are in Dominical. We have never had a bad class. The teachers are all friendly, lead a great class and are engaging. I always look forward to classes here! Two thumbs up for this studio!

1  Thank Shasta T