“Good burger....but”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Service was very friendly. After ordering I asked to use the restroom. They gave me a key and pointed me in the right direction. Without a doubt this was the dirtiest nastiest restroom I've ever been in. I returned to our table and started to watch the cook. Bad idea. He would pat out burgers with his bare hands and then wipe his hands on a towel hanging from the grill. No hand washing and then the towel was used to wipe down things in the cooking area.

I was also looking forward to a beer with my burger but they don't serve any alcohol.

On the bright side the burger was very good. However, based on the other things we observed we won't be going back.

1  Thank Chad B

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Best burger in town, with fresh potatoes. No frozen french fries.
Closed on sunday though.I believe they are only opened for lunch time. Really good food ocean front.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Dominical. We couldn't wait to go back to the Refuge to eat the tasty burgers and fries. They didn't disappoint! Simply the best burgers and fires. After eating here you could easily skip a few meals afterwards! The service was excellent, the smoothies nice and thick, and very fresh!

Can't wait to return again next year!!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We just visited CR for the 5th time and for the 5th time we HAD to eat at the Refuge! Burgers are GREAT! Service and staff are GREAT! What more can I say. You MUST eat here if you like good burgers!!!

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have reviewed this place before and tried to give the burger place another chance. AGAIN they were not open! I would like to eat there but not going to keep trying. Hard to believe they stay in business.