“Incredible place, we will be back soon!!!”
Review of Punta Gabriela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Punta Gabriela
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Incredible place, we will be back soon!!!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had seen pictures of Punta Gabriela and always wanted to visit the place years ago. Now that we found a chance to visit, we confirmed it's an awesome place. Got hooked by the beautiful views, nature, great villas and super vibe! Will definitely come back soon. Edwin and the gang make you feel right at home and they allowed us to have a great time. Can't wait for our next trip down to Dominical... Thanks for everything, Christian & Gaby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christian S
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you guys both for visiting us and the kind words, we are so glad you had a wonderful time with us and can't wait to see you again.
wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

from Jesse, Karen and the entire staff

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

A year ago a couple of friends invited me to go on a motorcycle trip to dominical which I had herd very little of, they mentioned going whale watching, which is very common to see them mating at this time of the year. We spent a night at a small local lodge and I became friends with the bartender and I ask him more information of the dominical area because I was very impressed with the area which was new to me. He handed me a broshure of Punta Gabriela, immediately I became interested in coming back some day wanting to share the experience of the whales and also investigating a little more at the local town which I found the people very friendly, and very charming. My First impression when I started to read the broshure and saw the pictures, I knew immediately that one day I would love to come back in company of someone which I knew I would have a wonderful time with. The name of the property totally caught my attention knowing the phrase never judge a book by its cover, but some how I knew inside, I don't know why, but I knew I was going to have one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Which not only happened and much more. I knew when I wrote these words I wanted it to be at a different place where I could remember such of a wonderful and unforgettable experience and be inspired with beautiful memories and company.
At the moment writing these words at a friends lodge at la Fortuna de San Carlos with the volcano totally clear which reminds me of such incredible views wherever I looked. Surprisingly not only the views but the entire interior design of this majestic home, because that's the way we felt, totally welcomed by Edwin Prado, his brother and staff. All my life I have enjoyed to travel but this was something different. The person responsible for this incredible interior design must have come from a different planet, because everything was so perfect and so in place that my eyes where every where because everything was beautiful even the floor. Personally through travel and enjoying the good and beautiful things in life I don't have words to say how impressed I was not only receiving such an incredible feeling of being at home and so welcomed by Edwin and company. An incredible room with details every where and no telephone which I was surprised, because it was exactly what I was trying to avoid, wanting to totally disconnect and share with a beautiful person an incredible experience, which ended up being much more. Edwin's brother, Minor, explained to us that instead of telephones there were walkie talkies and how to operate the jacuzzi and also leaving the gate door opened giving the message of any service needed and so many other details that made me feel totally welcomed. I recommend Punta Gabriela to all of those amigos through out the world that are seeking tranquility, peace and harmony that Punta Gabriela and the entire combination of views, and incredible service that I see very close to perfection. I thought I was good personally in interior design and I realized I'm a beginner in the matter, "we live and we learn." It took us a while to be able to find the sign and encountering a rough road to get there, which is short from the main high way, but I knew immediately that this was part of the experience of making it so private and unique and since I don't own a helicopter, my wheels where my yellow jeep. Not only was I impressed and full of beautiful feelings, my girlfriend was so enchanted that she ignored me because she was too busy watching the beautiful surroundings and everything around her, and of coarse loving my company haha ;)
Joking about ignoring me haha. She had a great time playing with her hula hula on the edge of the pool and looking at beautiful views next to the pool. The whale tour was totally awesome in company of Edwin. We where able to experience the whale watching all the way. I understand you can do it also via helicopter. People that need to get away and regroup with any situation in life, this is the perfect spot. If I was a writer I would probably live there most of the year to be able to feel the silence in combination of beauty and being able to write an incredible book with an incredible cover. I will always be great full with the gentle man that handed me the broshure at the moment, because through him I was able to experience a wonderful place, and being able to share with incredible people like Edwin and company. Also of coarse the company of a beautiful lady, my girl friend. I would like to add a few pictures because I would hate to ruin the element of surprise. My eyes aren't as keen as they where years ago, but I have no doubt with a good pair of binoculars you could see the majestic whales swimming with the calf which was mind blowing, I felt the huge whale was under our boat, and the calf was laughing at our surprised faces of enchantment. Closing our incredible trip to an unforgettable place I would recommend Punta Gabriela to those who seek what we wanted to feel, which was and is to live the beauty on this incredible world where we live.
We thank Edwin and company again for all this beautiful moments that we where able to experience through them. Not much to say about the canopy on the property because vertigo has always been a issue. I guess that explains why I don't have my own helicopter and I have a yellow jeep.
Adios amigos and wishing some day you will be able to be and live the beauty my girlfriend and I where able to experience.
P.S my girlfriend wanted me to buy the place haha to bad I couldn't afford it and the helicopter ;)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you is all I can say to your most awesome review. We are so happy that we were able to share our resort with you and we surpassed your expectations. I couldn't do this without the help of Edwin and the gang, they really make it special. My wife karen did all the interior decorating by herself , i keep trying to get her to do it for a living but she has her hands full just taking care of me.
again thank you and please share with all your friends don't keep it a secret.
jesse maurer
Davie, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2013

5 days and 4 nights was just not enough!!! Punta Gabriela was absolutely perfect!!! Every single detail of the property was amazing!! The view, the tranquility, our bungalow, the food, drinks, the service...all exceptional! So much to do (or not to do)...we spent one day doing absolutely nothing but pool-side R&R. Edwin & the staff at Punta Gabriela made us feel so welcome, like family. We sadly left Costa Rica, but so happy to have made new friends. Can not wait to come back again!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfection...it's hard to chose which room you want. The Penthouse has such a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kellie O
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I had our 30th wedding anniversary and decided to go somewhere special that we could do some special bonding. we are 56 years old and work together on a daily basis. Spending days and nights together for 30 years getting a bit stale. We decided to go to Jesse and Karen's place or should I say PALACE!!!!!????????? We got there on Sunday night and spent 8 glorious days there with Edwin the property manager. Edwin cooked for us and with his usual Black beans and rice with Eggs, we both gained 3 lbs. Should have been more but Edwin kept us busy in the Muleeta ( little truck) going to all different adventures spots. He took us horseback riding, zip lining ( CANOPY TOUR), whitewater rafting, Waterfall tours (3) Surfing, fishing in his friends boat and yes we caught some fish. We went to a cocktail party and met some VERY influential people at a local hot spot. we will go back here every year if we can. We saw monkeys, Toucans, Sloths all ON THE PROPERTY. every night we would sit by the pool with a cocktail in our hands watching the sun go down. Edwin has every contact you will need for an unbelievable trip and adventure of a lifetime. Jesse also offers a private helicopter to come and pick you up in San Jose and deliver you to the property on his private helicopter pad. If you ever want more information on this property and the best vacation in our marriage you can call me at 954.275.8373 any time. Jesse and Karen will ROCK YOUR WORLD with Edwin's help. Thanks to all who made this lucky couples vacation a DREAM COME TRUE. Doug & Jayne Johnson Weston Florida.

Room Tip: This is a special resort and they have a girl there cleaning the entire place about 10 hours a day...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug J
Escazú, San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Beautiful weddings and pictures is what we got from our latest wedding in this hotel! Highly recommended for weddings and couple travelers, we are in love with this place and we are going to continue recommending the place to our clients

by UniqueWeddingscr.com

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at Punta Gabriela in June 2012. We were greeted with a friendly smile by Edwid (property manager) along with Jessie and Karen (owners of the property). We were escorted to our beautiful bungalow which was exceptionally clean. The room is beautifully decorated and has so many amazing details. Everywhere you look, you are blown away by the high-end details. The beds are so huge (king size) and so comfortable you just sink into it! There is a 3 story main house and on the roof of the house is a helicopter pad. The lower level has a huge industrial size kitchen and also a bar area. There are plenty of hammocks throughout the property to just sit back and relax. Then there are 3 bungalows each of which are uniquely decorated with exceptional taste! The bungalows are located along a lush tropical walkway towards the ocean. The front bungalow has its own private infinity edge pool and is completely private from the rest of the property. There is also a large main pool on the property which has built in barstools, a shallow area to relax in and then a deep end too. There is a tree house above the pool and there are ziplines throughout the property. The property is the cleanest I have ever visited. The landscaping is so beautifully maintained! Behind the property is lush rainforest and the front of the property is surrounded by crystal blue ocean views! The home is 5 minutes from the local supermarket and about 8 minutes from the main town where there are restaurants, a club and local vendors. We did 2 excursions while there. We went horseback riding through the jungle to a beautiful waterfall which was $60 per person which included breakfast and lunch (so worth it)! Then we also did zipling through the jungle which was really cool too! It is one of the prettiest places we have ever been! Just breathtaking! This would be perfect for a romantic getaway, yoga retreat or a FUN couples getaway! My review does not do it justice! We will definitely go back soon and only stay at Punta Gabriela! Thank you so much Jessie, Karen, Edwin and the Punta Gabriela staff for treating us like family!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank myblueeyedgirls
Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at his lovely villa and barely wanted to leave it to do other things on our vacation. Our very private villa was beautifully furnished and included our own outdoor patio with pool and jacuzzi with a sweeping view of the Pacific coastline. We spent many wonderful hours just dozing in our hammock during the day and stargazing from the jacuzzi at night.

The owners and staff members were also delightful and infinitely eager to please. Breakfast each morning was filled with fun conversation as well as suggestions for what to do while there.

If I ever return to that area of the country, I will look no further to find a place to stay. Thank you for a fabulous experience!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AReasonableWoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Roca Verde
Rio Lindo Resort
Rio Lindo Resort
#7 of 14 in Dominical
TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge

Been to Punta Gabriela? Share your experiences!