“Paradise”
Review of Punta Gabriela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Punta Gabriela
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The perfect blend of natural beauty enhanced with fabulous accommodations. The views inspire thoughts of tranquility and a calm that only this villa encompasses. Truly God, painted the scenery. The staff was perfect. Dining by candlelight, cocktails at sun set and fishing by day was heaven. A dream come true. Already rebooked, can't wait. Bruce F.

Room Tip: Its all perfection. The villas or estate home.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Thank you Jesse and karen for an amazing stay at your beautiful resort. I really loved starting the day with fresh orange juice and wonderful Costa Rican coffee sitting by the pool looking at the ocean. The fishing trip that you arranged was amazing especially bringing the fish back to be perfectly prepared. But nothing could compare to scenic helicopter ride down the coast and thru the mountains and back to land right on the rooftop helipad.
Everything was fantastic and we can't wait to return.
Thanks for sharing you slice of paradise with us.
Janusz Sendowski

• Stayed: January 2014
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Janusz,

thanks for sharing Punta Gabriela with this wonderful review.
we are so glad to hear what a great time you had and can't wait
till you return. Please let all your friends know about us so we
can make others as happy as you.

Jesse and Karen Maurer

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Of the three places we stayed on our trip to Costa Rica, this was my favorite! The entire place is tastefully decorated, elegant but comfortable, perfectly surrounded by amazing views of the ocean. Everywhere you look there is another treat for the eye...
The staff is warm and accommodating, your every wish is their command. I was so relaxed here that I didnt want to go home!
Pam Sendowski

• Stayed: January 2014

Pam,
thank you for your review, we try really hard to make every ones stay as perfect as possible.
we are really glad that you had such a relaxing time and even though you had to go home we
cant wait till you return.

Jesse and Karen Maurer

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Wow is all I can say! We travel a fair bit and like to stay in nice places but did not expect to find such a place like this. We found this resort via a friend (Twinka at Playe Hermosa Bungalows 1 hour North) and after watching the video we could hardley wait to arrive. We drove up the steep hill to get there, which was a bit scary the first time, but truly a road to heaven. We stayed in Villa #1 with it's own infinity pool for 3 nights and then another 7 in Villa #3 and used the main pool. Not too crowded as there are only 4 rooms. What a great view! Edwin the host was fantastic. He took us around to see a few local sites and beaches and prepared some terrific meals including BBQ meats and cooked up some of the Mahi Mahi that some others caught while fishing. Evelyn cooked us breakfast with fresh fruit everyday to start our day. I would highly recommend this place to everyone for a carefree getaway and you will not be dissappointed. Owner was out when we were there with his helicopter and let us take a 15-20min ride for $75pp) which was well worth it. Traveller from Canada!

Room Tip: Try to get Villa #1 but others are identical except the Penthouse on the roof.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi Cyril,
Thanks for the kind words about our resort and staff. I'm glad you and your wife had such a good time and I'm sure we will see you the next time you want such beautiful scenery and warm weather. Please let all your friends in Canada know about us so we can share our slice of paradise with others.

Jesse Maurer

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had seen pictures of Punta Gabriela and always wanted to visit the place years ago. Now that we found a chance to visit, we confirmed it's an awesome place. Got hooked by the beautiful views, nature, great villas and super vibe! Will definitely come back soon. Edwin and the gang make you feel right at home and they allowed us to have a great time. Can't wait for our next trip down to Dominical... Thanks for everything, Christian & Gaby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian S
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you guys both for visiting us and the kind words, we are so glad you had a wonderful time with us and can't wait to see you again.
wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

from Jesse, Karen and the entire staff

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

A year ago a couple of friends invited me to go on a motorcycle trip to dominical which I had herd very little of, they mentioned going whale watching, which is very common to see them mating at this time of the year. We spent a night at a small local lodge and I became friends with the bartender and I ask him more information of the dominical area because I was very impressed with the area which was new to me. He handed me a broshure of Punta Gabriela, immediately I became interested in coming back some day wanting to share the experience of the whales and also investigating a little more at the local town which I found the people very friendly, and very charming. My First impression when I started to read the broshure and saw the pictures, I knew immediately that one day I would love to come back in company of someone which I knew I would have a wonderful time with. The name of the property totally caught my attention knowing the phrase never judge a book by its cover, but some how I knew inside, I don't know why, but I knew I was going to have one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Which not only happened and much more. I knew when I wrote these words I wanted it to be at a different place where I could remember such of a wonderful and unforgettable experience and be inspired with beautiful memories and company.
At the moment writing these words at a friends lodge at la Fortuna de San Carlos with the volcano totally clear which reminds me of such incredible views wherever I looked. Surprisingly not only the views but the entire interior design of this majestic home, because that's the way we felt, totally welcomed by Edwin Prado, his brother and staff. All my life I have enjoyed to travel but this was something different. The person responsible for this incredible interior design must have come from a different planet, because everything was so perfect and so in place that my eyes where every where because everything was beautiful even the floor. Personally through travel and enjoying the good and beautiful things in life I don't have words to say how impressed I was not only receiving such an incredible feeling of being at home and so welcomed by Edwin and company. An incredible room with details every where and no telephone which I was surprised, because it was exactly what I was trying to avoid, wanting to totally disconnect and share with a beautiful person an incredible experience, which ended up being much more. Edwin's brother, Minor, explained to us that instead of telephones there were walkie talkies and how to operate the jacuzzi and also leaving the gate door opened giving the message of any service needed and so many other details that made me feel totally welcomed. I recommend Punta Gabriela to all of those amigos through out the world that are seeking tranquility, peace and harmony that Punta Gabriela and the entire combination of views, and incredible service that I see very close to perfection. I thought I was good personally in interior design and I realized I'm a beginner in the matter, "we live and we learn." It took us a while to be able to find the sign and encountering a rough road to get there, which is short from the main high way, but I knew immediately that this was part of the experience of making it so private and unique and since I don't own a helicopter, my wheels where my yellow jeep. Not only was I impressed and full of beautiful feelings, my girlfriend was so enchanted that she ignored me because she was too busy watching the beautiful surroundings and everything around her, and of coarse loving my company haha ;)
Joking about ignoring me haha. She had a great time playing with her hula hula on the edge of the pool and looking at beautiful views next to the pool. The whale tour was totally awesome in company of Edwin. We where able to experience the whale watching all the way. I understand you can do it also via helicopter. People that need to get away and regroup with any situation in life, this is the perfect spot. If I was a writer I would probably live there most of the year to be able to feel the silence in combination of beauty and being able to write an incredible book with an incredible cover. I will always be great full with the gentle man that handed me the broshure at the moment, because through him I was able to experience a wonderful place, and being able to share with incredible people like Edwin and company. Also of coarse the company of a beautiful lady, my girl friend. I would like to add a few pictures because I would hate to ruin the element of surprise. My eyes aren't as keen as they where years ago, but I have no doubt with a good pair of binoculars you could see the majestic whales swimming with the calf which was mind blowing, I felt the huge whale was under our boat, and the calf was laughing at our surprised faces of enchantment. Closing our incredible trip to an unforgettable place I would recommend Punta Gabriela to those who seek what we wanted to feel, which was and is to live the beauty on this incredible world where we live.
We thank Edwin and company again for all this beautiful moments that we where able to experience through them. Not much to say about the canopy on the property because vertigo has always been a issue. I guess that explains why I don't have my own helicopter and I have a yellow jeep.
Adios amigos and wishing some day you will be able to be and live the beauty my girlfriend and I where able to experience.
P.S my girlfriend wanted me to buy the place haha to bad I couldn't afford it and the helicopter ;)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you is all I can say to your most awesome review. We are so happy that we were able to share our resort with you and we surpassed your expectations. I couldn't do this without the help of Edwin and the gang, they really make it special. My wife karen did all the interior decorating by herself , i keep trying to get her to do it for a living but she has her hands full just taking care of me.
again thank you and please share with all your friends don't keep it a secret.
jesse maurer

Reviewed 27 August 2013

5 days and 4 nights was just not enough!!! Punta Gabriela was absolutely perfect!!! Every single detail of the property was amazing!! The view, the tranquility, our bungalow, the food, drinks, the service...all exceptional! So much to do (or not to do)...we spent one day doing absolutely nothing but pool-side R&R. Edwin & the staff at Punta Gabriela made us feel so welcome, like family. We sadly left Costa Rica, but so happy to have made new friends. Can not wait to come back again!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfection...it's hard to chose which room you want. The Penthouse has such a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple