“Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Punta Gabriela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Punta Gabriela
Newport Beach, CA
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I spent our last Costa Rican vacation at Punta Gabriella. The entire experience was perfection! First of all, the location is amazing. While you feel like you are secluded and in the jungle, in just a short drive you can plant your feet in the sands of Playa Dominical. While many exclusive resorts are remote, Punta Gabriella gives you both the feeling of privacy combined with the opportunity to experience the activities of the all the surrounding beaches within minutes. The staff and amenities at Punta Gabriella are superb. The staff are all wonderful and so helpful, they raise the experience to another level. This is a perfect vacation for a large group or even a romantic getaway. I definitely plan on returning and bringing family and friends. Thank you to everyone at Punta Gabriella for making our stay a beautiful experience!

Room Tip: If you want to stay in the main house, there are rooms available; however, the cabinas that surround...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family loved Punta Gabriela. My husband and children loved the surfing spots surrounding the hotel. We loved the beaches and attractions. The service was very good. They booked tours for us aswell as cooked us amazing food for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

For our ten year anniversary, my husband and I went to Punta Gabriela along with another couple. We stayed in Villa 1 and the Penthouse. Words cannot describe the luxury and service we received from Edwin, Evelyn, Anthony and Manor. It was out of this world!! My sister-in-law and I have 5 young children between our two families and couldn't believe that we didn't have to make one decision for an entire week. Edwin and his team did it all!! (Evelyn even got mud stains out of the bottom of my white pants and had them folded on my bed the following morning!) Edwin planned our excursions, our meals, our drinks, our rides...Everything!!! I don't want to share our secret because we don't want you to take our week next year but we need to give kudos where kudos are due. We are definitely going back...with more friends. Everyone wants to join us after hearing about our experience. The beauty, the culture, the people, the food, the Cacique (local drink that leaves you with no hangover) the fun and our new friends in Costa Rica!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations.
Please don't keep it a secret we need the business and we will always find space for you.
Please call me anytime for a special return rate.
Thanks
Jesse
964-931-0940
Jmbigmurr@gmail.com
Lehigh Acres, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Final purchase at a silent auction for a good charity. Boy, am I glad that I walked back to the auction sheet with just one minute left to go. I had no idea what I had gotten myself in to but what a pleasant surprise it was. My husband escorted 4 women for a 4 day trip. We had Villa 1 and our friends had villa 2. There were no other travelers at the resort the entire time so it felt like our own house. Edwin was awesome and we had a great time. Fishing, horseback riding, sightseeing, and everything in between. We can't stop talking about it and would love the opportunity to go back. First class all the way!!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Villa 1 is the best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

It has taken me a while to write this review and I am going to have to apologise to Edwin and his team. Sorry guys but trust me we have not forgotten you!!!

So we booked in to spend a week on our around new years eve 2013. Whilst making the arrangements and despite a very very helpful Edwin we could have never even imagined what we were looking forward to.

We had rented the full property for our family which included two toddlers, and I would recommend this over and over.

the location was breath taking, I still cannot get over the views from anywhere on the property. the villa with the pool was heavenly, I mean imagine soaking in your own private pool overlooking that magnificent coast line, or hanging over this pool on a hammock!

The main pool was perfect with a bar area and Jacuzzi which we all gathered in after a long hard day :)

The zip line and canopy where insane!!!

Finally the breakfast and food generally prepared by the guys headed by Edwin was perfect.

I need to add that they made all the difference to the trip giving you a real feel for "pura vida". they took care of your every need and immediately made you feel at home. Nothing was out of reach, every request was met.

They organised incredible fishing trips and excursions and took us to some great local restaurants. everybody in the area knew Edwin and quoting his name was a guarantee of service!

I recommend Punta Gabriela to anybody who is looking for a special but authentic taste of costa Rica as it has everything you would expect and more!

To Edwin and family our stay with you was exceptional and we all wanted to thank you for your efforts and warm disposition! you are great!

To the owners of the property, my congratulations a truly exceptional design and location, exquisite decoration lacking no amenities and catering for even the most demanding!

Room Tip: make sure you contact Edwin before your trip as he will ensure that everything runs smoothly for you...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marilinga
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The villas and view at Punta Gabriela were beautiful!! My pictures do not justify the beauty of this place! Funny as I had the most facebook likes ever (90 something) of the one with me on a hammock near Villa 1 over the pool with the ocean/hot tub in the background. The location is very private and luxurious! Very romantic (Villa 1), but we were there for a girls weekend and it was very peaceful and relaxing!

Edwin (manager) was very attentive and knowledgeable of our local requests. He was also a great chef!!!!! The food was delicious and I was happy that is was also healthy as I have begun to watch what I now eat!!! Loved the fresh mangos, seafood ceviche, and unique salads amongst other items!

I wish we had an extra day just to lounge around the grounds! It is breathtaking!!! 3 of us also did the zip lining on the property and felt very comfortable in the hands of the staff (it was two others first time). The staff was very patient, friendly, and helpful with us.

Downtown and horseback riding were short drives away! Place had wifi too!

I can't wait to return!!!
Crystal M.

Room Tip: Villa 1 is amazing!!! All the villas are amazing, but in Villa 1 you can close the gate and have yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Incredible place. The photos do not do this property justice. It far exceeded our expectations. We stayed for several days and did not want to leave. The staff is incredible. The food spectacular. It's immaculately kept with every amenity covered. Private zip lines. Wifi. They have covered it all! Don't miss this beautiful and well kept place!
jc

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Roca Verde
Rio Lindo Resort
Rio Lindo Resort
#7 of 13 in Dominical
TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge

Been to Punta Gabriela? Share your experiences!