“Personal touch, Positive results”

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are proud supporters of 1% for the Planet, Surf rider Foundation, and Sea Shepherd. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifeguard Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave our surf camp! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf locations where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you experience this jungle paradise! Drop us an email to discuss booking a surf lesson or joining our surf camp.
Portland, Oregon
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 428 helpful votes
“Personal touch, Positive results”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Dylan and crew bring a full complement of experience, equipment and environment to tailor the surf adventure in Dominical to your needs. They are invaluable to my enjoyment in getting me the tune up on technique I need to get back in a groove. Instruction is filled with tips and tricks that are always seasoned with a keen sense of safety. It's a big ocean and Dylan knows how to make it a personal playground to teach in. Domilocos is a great location to launch your lessons and regroup after a day on the break. From kids to seniors, beginner to expert, Sunset Surf has something for everyone.

Visited February 2011
5 Thank jay r

Denver, Colorado
“Amazing”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I travelled to Costa Rica this past August with 2 girlfriends. I wanted a chill trip, where I ate good food, relaxed and maybe learned how to surf! I definitely got more than I bargained for!
With Sunset Surf, everything was taken care of! We stayed for a week and had surf lessons everyday! I, being slightly uncoordinated thought I was not going to pick up the sport at all! Dylan is AN AMAZING instructor….he is so patient and makes you feel so comfortable with what you are doing! I was able to stand up after day 2, and by day 5 I can actually kind of “surf.” My friends I were with picked it up a lot faster, but I was proud just to stand up! If you want to learn how to surf and have a really unique stay in Costa Rica away from all the tourists, I HIGHLY recommend to go through Dylan at Sunset Surf! You will have an amazing experience and lots of memories to bring back home!

Visited August 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome week in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My family has taken surf lessons several times in the past, but this was by far the best. The instructors were awesome in both their technical knowledge of surfing and in sharing their love of the sport. My eight-year-old was surfing overhead waves and is now a surfer for life! In addition to the surfing instruction, Adam and Kirk offered us a wealth of local knowledge. Besides directing us to restaurants, etc., they showed us tidal caves and waterfalls that we never would have found on our own. A great bunch of people, a great town, a perfect family vacation!

Visited November 2011