“Perfect instructors for perfect waves!!!”

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are proud supporters of 1% for the Planet, Surf rider Foundation, and Sea Shepherd. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifeguard Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave our surf camp! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf locations where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you experience this jungle paradise! Drop us an email to discuss booking a surf lesson or joining our surf camp.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect instructors for perfect waves!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We review lots of Surf tour operators every year in Costa Rica and have yet to find anyone in the Southern region that provides better or even equal service. From the very beginning you can tell these guys know their stuff. Doesn't matter if you are 6 or 70 years old, Dylan Park will get you up surfing. We strongly recommend taking the 4 day course if you haven't surfed. By the end of the 4th day you will be cutting breaks that you never thought you could. We have sent several customers to Sunset Surf and they all come back saying the same thing. Awesome time! Keep up the great work guys and can't Waite to come back for some more fun!!!!!

Charles Hockett
B&C Costa Rica Adventures

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BcCostaRica

Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent Instructors and tons of fun.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was able to spend four days surfing with Dylan and Raymond and I’m hooked for life. These guys are great. They are professional and knowledgeable and still very fun and friendly. They know how to surf, and even more importantly they know how to TEACH surfing. Two days I was with just one or two other new surfers and we got great one on one instruction. On the days when I was with a larger group, Dylan and Raymond still gave us each great individual instruction, watching what each one of us was doing so they could continue to give us personalized instruction. I was very impressed with their ability to assess and instruct each of us, instead of just going through the same standard "surf 101" type class that other places use. On my last day out, the water gods were not cooperating and we found ourselves sitting, waiting for long stretches between sets. While Dylan could easily have sat silently or otherwise filled the time with small talk, instead he took the opportunity to teach us his thought process as an avid surfer. He told us what he's looking for, what he's watching, what he's planning, and what he’s thinking when he's waiting for waves. I learned just as much that day as I did on the days when we were catching waves nonstop. Dylan and his crew are truly top-notch surf instructors, and I highly recommend Sunset Surf. I will definitely come back to surf with them again.

Montreal, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The sunset Surf Dominical was the best crew to try surfing for the first time! My 3 kids, my husband and I were trying that for the first time and they helped us make this first experience one to remember! My kids felt very comfortable with them and managed to get up on the board very quickly thanks to the 3 amazing instructors!

Thanks again for this amazing experience!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Returning Surfer - Muy Felice!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just returned from a second time around surfing with Sunset Surf Dominical. It's a wonderful experience, from the people who run it, to the town, the food, and the waves. Dylan is an expert teacher--he reads where the student is and lets them know exactly what to do to get to the next level. I recommend the surf school packages--Dylan books the hotel, transport from and to the airport, and anything else you'd like, at great prices. He's also patient and kind! If you're lucky, you'll meet his wonderful partner Marisela and their beloved baby Ocean.

Visited March 2014
CostaRicaSurf81, Owner at Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
We are very happy you enjoyed your second time with us at our surf camp! We hope to see you down here for your third time :) Ocean will be waiting!
Orillia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable family vacation!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have just returned from the vacation of a lifetime with Sunset Surf. We booked a week’s surf package including added attractions and enjoyed every minute of it. Dylan and his team went out of their way to make sure our 5-year old son had the best time ever, while being under constant supervision and safe at all times. Dylan and Raymond were fun, informative, patient and flexible – they considered each of our abilities and concerns, and tailored the instruction accordingly. The beaches were stunning and unspoilt, with perfect waves for learning and improving, regardless of age or competence. We also explored the beautiful surrounding with a kayak mangrove tour, zip-line through the rain forest, fishing, and visits to sea caves and waterfalls. Hotel Domilocos was fantastic and Sunset Surf arranged it all so well, even fruit on the beach during our lessons and a photographer at the end. Thank you so much for a truly memorable trip – we’ll be back!!

Visited March 2014
We really enjoy when we get families that join us at our surf camp. Seeing the whole family progress and learn how to surf is very fulfilling for us as surf coaches!