“Quiet time with wildlife”
other travellers have booked this property
Sea Breeze Main House, Pool, and Villa. Solar on Carport and Gardens
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bird's Eye View of Sea Breeze.
Sea Breeze Main House, Pool, and Villa.
Solar on Carport and Gardens
Enter Sea Breeze!
Enjoy the 15 meter infinity pool
Pacific view from infinity pool.
View north to Manuel Antonio National Park
New patio pavilion!
Comfortable poolside dining
Have an espresso by the pool
Very well appointed kitchen
2 futon sleepers for extra guests
Master Bedroom ocean view
Master bath.
Jaccuzzi tub
Awesome View from Villa
Handcrafted bamboo and hardwood furniture
Comfy king bed
Hike in the Nature Reserve
Sea Breeze Casa and Nature Reserve
Sloth and baby
Sunset at Sea Breeze
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 36 reviews

Reviews from our community

Lamar A
“Quiet time with wildlife”
Reviewed 25 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

All reviews I read before going were 100% accurate. Bob & Bea were warm, gracious, and helpful hosts. We didn't need to visit nature preserves b/c nature came to us. Every day, we enjoyed visits by monkeys who came to the palm tree next to the pool for fruit (and our bananas) and visits by a pair of Toucans. We'd talk with Pepe the Parrot in the aviary just behind the house. We'd visit with the Racoon and Coatimundi, who liked to be scratched through the wire cage. We said hello to the turtles. We really enjoyed the special visits with Casper the Sloth when Bob and Bea would bring him down for some holding and petting, and some time in his special tree. One of Bea's 14 dogs, Tera, stayed with us. Feed her and she'll never leave. All of this while we loved the fabulous home and pool. The view is postcard stunning.

We really enjoyed our day of massages with Amber. If you like deep tissue massage, I can assure you she will deliver!! The ATV tour through the rain forest (through Diamante, Karl as owner and our fabulous guide Jody -- ask for him) was a blast!!

We rented two four wheel drive SUV's, which are absolutely required to navigate the road. Although it is a bumpy and challenging road that requires patience and stamina, it is well worth it to go to some of the local restaurants. The best seafood is at Lagostino Felize on the main highway about 20km north of Dominical. A fun restaurant with great hot wings and burgers is Jolly Roger, which requires another adventure up a mountain about 12km south of Dominical. We enjoyed PorQueNo (great view) and Roca Verde. Feugo Brewery has good draft beers, but the menu wasn't great. You must at least go to Manuel Antonio to see the beach. On the way, eat at Agua Azul, which has an incredible view from the top of the hill over the Pacific. Good food as well.

I was warned about the noseeum mosquitoes that bite your ankles. It's true. You won't see them and they will bite your ankles. Once that happens, use Cofal, which is a cream that will prevent itching. Take some with you. Prevent the bites if you can with bug spray. We are also forewarned about San Jose traffic. Very bad. Would make New York City cab drivers nervous. Costa Rica is a different experience on the highway, period. All of the younger males drive small horsepower motorcycles. They do not fear death, and will pass on either side, on curves and in traffic. Speed limits are irrelevant.

Date of stay: December 2017
Sherpa605...
North Carolina
“wildlife, relaxing, and opportunities for adventure...its got it all!”
Reviewed 22 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I'll start with the only negative I can think of....driving/travel. Without traffic, its probably about a 3 hour drive, plus stops, from San Jose (large international airport). Problem is that the traffic in and near San Jose was not good. Lots of construction and congestion. Also expect driving different from what we're used to in the US (you thought we take liberties with the speed limit and no passing zones!).

Perhaps we just didn't time our driving well (i.e. on Fridays, during rush hour). At least do your own research to see if you can find tips to avoid traffic. You can take a small flight from San Jose to Quepos, but that still leaves a 45 minute to 1 hour drive, and the flight is expensive. They're building a new airport, so perhaps that will help in the future. Then once you're close, you have about a 15-20 minute drive up the mountain....very bumpy ride, so brace yourself and pack motion sickness meds if thats a thing for you.

Overall, flying in from the US, then driving down to Dominical, all in 1 day....is doable, but a long day. Was not feasible for us, because we were travelling with a small child. So recommend you find a hotel near the San Jose airport for the night if you are travelling with someone who can't, or doesnt want to, handle a really long travel day.

In the end, its still well worth the effort to get there. At least if, like me, you value getting away from the crowded touristy areas closer to San Jose.

Now, traffic isn't Bob and Beas' fault, and once you get there....fabulous...hence 5 stars. To me, more than anything what makes this place unique is that it is very flexible in what you want your vacation to look like. Want to relax and do nothing the whole time? Sea Breeze Casa's infinity pool, abundance of chairs, wildlife, and peacefulness/serenity are great for that. Want to be active? Plenty of nearby options....hiking trails starting on the property, nearby horseback riding, waterfalls, nature preserves, ATV tours, kayaking tours, ziplining, you name it. Need a place that can accomodate a large family, or fairly large group? Got you covered there too.

If you're looking for adventure, I'd recommend the Nauyaca Waterfalls horseback riding tour. You ride horses up to these beautiful waterfalls and get to swim there. If you're gutsy enough, you can even climb up and jump off of one (probably a 25-30 ft jump). Others in my crew did an ATV tour and enjoyed that too.

The other main thing I think makes this place exceptional are the owners, Bob and Bea. They're always willing to help you out and give you suggestions....and they've been there many years, so they know what they're talking about. Its like having 2 concierges at your disposal.

More than anything, I think we'll always remember this trip as the trip where we got up close and personal with the wildlife. For example, a troop of monkeys visited us about mid-afternoon every day. After the first 1-2 days of feeling us out, they would get very close- within 5-10 feet of us. Was really cool. Way better than going to a zoo or nature preserve.

Overall an excellent value for what you get. Very highly recommend it!

Date of stay: December 2017
eolane67
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Most Memorable Vacation Ever!!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

It is hard to put into words our time spent at Seabreeze simply put the property is Magical, the thought and care that has gone into the house and grounds is outstanding, from the outdoor lounging area around the incredible infinity pool with a killer view complete with an outdoor shower and kitchen, to the luxurious bedrooms, this property will not disappoint.

Bob and Bea Kable are wonderful hosts who are available to answer any questions and offer many ideas for outings in the area, we highly recommend the ATV ride to the farm in Tres Piedras, it was the highlight of our trip. The house is in the middle of a nature reserve so the view in unobstructed and what a view!!!! We made sure we were there for every sunset and moonrise, one night we turned off all the lights, laid in the pool and watched for shooting stars, like we said magical! Now the animals on the property are plentiful, waking to the toucans and parrots singing in the morning, watching the monkeys twice a day jump through the trees to get some bananas, we even saw three baby monkeys! Bea's love of animals truly makes this a very special place on earth.

Seabreeze is close to some of the most beautiful beaches we have seen, Manuel Antonio has a few where the waves are awesome, I couldn't get my husband out of the water he said he felt like a 10 year old boy again riding every wave to the shore! Great restaurants are very close in Dominical, but if you enjoy cooking this house has an amazing fully stocked indoor and outdoor kitchen, getting fresh fruit, veggies and fish from the farmers market and just throwing it all on the grill was great because leaving the view to go somewhere else is next to impossible!

Honestly this was the best vacation experience we have ever had and we have traveled extensively all over the world and we have never rebooked a vacation while we were still on the vacation, but we did this time, Costa Rica has boundless places to visit and experience we want to see as much as possible and knowing we have a "Home away from Home" to come back to at the end of the day made the decision easy.

Thank you Bob and Bea for the unbelievable experience, see you next year!

Date of stay: January 2017
Cemax1200...
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Paradise found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

From the minute you arrive at the Sea Breeze, you will be amazed at the beauty of this property. Views to die for, and monkeys, toucans, parrots, all over the property.
Now for the owners, Bob and Bea. Two people you will never forget. Bea, is an angel who takes care of injured and homeless animals of all types and her husband, Bob, who takes care of everything to make your vacation perfect.
We have stayed at this property over 7 times and will continue to stay again and again.
If you are looking for a once in a life time vacation, look no further than Sea Breeze.
Perfect for couples or larger families wanting to experience the perfect vacation.
Please come to this property, prepared to be amazed at all Costa Rica and Bob and Bea have to offer.

Date of stay: August 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners made this vacation perfect!
Liked least: Having to leave-- making reservations for our return, now!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
TexmanScu...
Keller, Texas
“Stay here for a true taste of unspoiled Costa Rica - PS with luxury”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Top 10 Reasons to stay at this rental property.

10. A place to relax. Even though we had flat screen HD TVs in every bedroom and the living area, I think we turned them on 3 times in 10 days. It is so quiet. No cars/trucks, no other people around just the sounds of parrots and toucans and nature - so easy to unwind and really relax on vacation.

9. Location - Dominical is a sleepy beach town and it perfectly situated to get to Quepos or the Osa peninsula to do hiking, rain forest, zip lines or anything in the ocean such as Scuba or whale watching. This is not Cancun with nightlife and traffic. It is a haul to get to the northern attractions such as Arenal or Monteverde.

8. Animals - This property is listed as a nature reserve and it is that. Within 1 hour of waking up we saw toucans, capuchin monkeys, flights of green parrots, giant bull frogs, tons of butterflies, we visited Bea's coati and raccoon, as well as the habitat parrots. The only animal we didn't see on property was a sloth and that's because we didn't hike enough around the 200 acres - I know we would have.

7. Dog Rescue - we love dogs. Bob and Bea have their own pack and they are all friendly and awesome. They come to visit down at the house. Our favorite is Poker - he is like the overseer of the dogs - he checked on us briefly every morning and he did get treats. Just the best.

6. Views - The property is high up on a small mountainside. You will need a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the property. Personally - I think I could have made the drive in almost any car with a little clearance but if it rains it could be a little slick. Bob reminded us several times in e-mail to get a 4x4. We did and we never had a problem. The views are laughable in a good way. We came in at night so when I got up in the morning, I literally laughed out loud at how amazing the view is. Best ever period.

5. Clean - It is amazing how clean this property is. I was telling Bob that for a Rain Forest Mountain retreat with bugs and jungle trying daily to take over the house - I can't believe how clean everything is. I had trouble finding any dust anywhere in the house. The property and landscaping is immaculate and Bob and Bea use expert help to make this rental so spectacular.

4. Pool - Greatest pool of any house we have stayed in. Blue, cool, views are perfect, deep enough to be cold and shallow enough for younger kids.

3. Amenities - This house has everything period. You can read the description of everything it comes with - which is everything including good WiFi. It is basically set up as 3 separate living areas. There is a guest house (pool house) with King bed and futon. There is a downstairs bedroom with king bed and Futon. There is a Master Bedroom with king bed and futon. There are also 2 futons in the main living area. Each of the 3 living areas has its own TV, fridge, bathrooms etc... The main living area next to the kitchen is not air conditioned but with the fan on you can literally get cold. One night we turned off the air and slept with windows open just listening to the jungle - it was amazing.

2. No people - I asked my son (14 years old) what his favorite thing was about the house and he said "I liked my own private studio downstairs." This property is very private. We like to rent a house, a rental car, buy groceries, and live like a local for a week. This place really let's you do that. For a family of 4-9 this property is perfect to get away from everyone. I hate cruise ships after doing many because of the mass of vacationers - not what I am looking for. Like my son, I just want some privacy to unwind.

1. Bob and Bea. I love that they live behind the property and make themselves available for any need. Bob makes a point of checking in to see how everything is going without being obtrusive and he knows everything about the area for where to go and what to do. Bea is one of the kindest, soft hearted people I have ever met. She is a friend to every animal on the planet and very nice. I will never forget her driving up from the horses below on her 4 wheeler with 4 dogs on the 4 wheeler with her. We were laughing trying to decide how those 4 got the privilege and the others get to run out front barking like a sled team. Such a great memory. They define relationship goals holding hands as they take care of the current property and plan for upgrades and the future of their property.

I was reviewing the areas to rate below and I will make a few comments about things to consider based on unique needs.

* I don't think I would bring young kids here. While the animals are amazing and they would love them - the drop offs are steep and there are lots of terraces, stairs, and things that younger kids might get into. It would be OK - there just might be better properties.

* Same for people with disabilities and older people (like my 80 year old Dad). Having said that I would check with Bob because he can make anything happen.

* For larger group - there are 3 king beds and 5 or 6 futons. So it depends on how your group is set up and who is willing to share a bed.

* As far as pets go - I would check with Bob. I would have brought my Labs in a heart beat if I could because they would have run with the pack and loved it. Bob and Bea love animals - I would check with them first. I'm sure a small dog is fine because we let the big dogs in a little bit.

* I think it's perfect for teens because of the private spaces they can have and the solitude. Depends of course on your teen.

Thanks Bob and Bea for a great vacation.

Date of stay: July 2016
Liked best: Bob and Bea, animals, views, quiet, private
Liked least: Not being able to move here permanently
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
catiegale...
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Make sure you get a 4X4.....NOT JUST AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

A sticker on our rental- car said "best 4X4 made vehicle". Actually, our car was an All-Wheel Drive. Make sure you get a 4X4 NOT JUST AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE, so you don't get stuck in the driveway. Getting in and out of the driveway were very stressful for our family and we all stayed quiet with bated breath to see if we would make it for every trip. Mike only got stuck when the road was a bit slick after it rained.
My husband arrived late at night because his plane was delayed. Bea met him in her ATV to guide him to the home at midnight. This was very appreciated. Bea also graciously picked me up with my four children a day earlier and graciously drove us to the home. I feel that she and Bob go above and beyond to accommodate with arrivals and departures. They are truly eager to help.
The home is absolutely stunning and made with the most luxurious detail. We felt so grateful and privileged to enjoy it. The pool is the nicest one I have ever swum in. We were greeted by monkeys, parakeets, toucans and the resident dogs every morning. My husband wasn't the biggest fan of the dogs as they would bark at us until we either let them in or fed them It is their home after all. I loved the dogs as did my children! We were happy to let them inside. Some were a bit dirty though. The dog-factor depends on personal taste. My daughter loved the horses next to the home and went down to feed them apples each day. One day, Bea gave her and my husband a ride back up the hill. Huge Thank YOU!!!!
There is no air-conditioning in the living room or kitchen which is a bit surprising. The air-conditioning in the downstairs bedroom/apartment was also not working. Well, it was, but it was dripping and we didn't want to ruin the walls, so we left it off. We mentioned this on our first day, but it was left unfixed. I told my husband to fix it, but he has chronic pain and wasn't up for it. So, we had two children share a bed and two children share a futon in the one bedroom that did have air-conditioning. This was a bit crowded. Then, we stayed in the other house (Master Suite). It felt a bit unsafe being in a house away from the children. I read that the house was laid out for 10 people to sleep, but it is not quite that straight-forward. I felt better that we had four kids that were all together in one room and that they had each other. This was a comfort. We were only a few steps away from them in the other house, but not within hearing distance. This was a bit disconcerting; although, after being there for a night it felt safe. I would still get up several times a night to check on them though.
Dominical itself is a lot of hype. It is not a pretty beach (no white sand...no blue water) and not swimmable due to the RipTides. The lifeguard was yelling for us to get out of the water. A friend had to get out because the crocodiles were using the ocean to change rivers due to mating season. Ditto for Baleen National Park. There is quite a bit of Photoshoppiing when it comes to Costa Rican Beaches. We saw a poster of Whale's Tail in a Restaurant...whoa. Not what we saw. We liked Manuel Antonio for swimming and boogie-boarding - nice beach , pretty view and filled with monkeys. But I digress.
The house is very remotely located and Dominical is not much. As Bea told me when she picked us up in Dominical, the house is good to get away from people and she added "I don't like people" ... I am sure she meant this in a candid way, but it gave me a strange vibe that kind of stuck for the time we were together. Although, her love and passion for her rescued animals and her dear husband are more than palpable.
Overall, the two homes are just gorgeous and it was very nice to have our own space (as opposed to being in a hotel). Also, the ocean-view is very pretty. The grounds are landscaped to the max. If you are a gardener, you will absolutely be floored by the plants, flowers and trees. I recommend star-gazing at night, watching the sunset in the evening and getting up early to watch the incredibly intriguing monkeys.
The biggest lesson for me was to be careful of what you read on TripAdvisor. Use other sources as well. I mean this in reference to the town of Dominical and the beach.

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Watching the toucans and monkeys and parakeets from the amazing infinity pool.
Liked least: There is no air-conditioning in the main living quarters and one of the bedrooms.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
17 Jul 2016
This review was unexpected and we feel there are a few points that should be addressed. We were very sorry to hear that Mike and Catie had so many issues with their vacation. We welcome input from our guests. It helps us make Sea Breeze better. It is important to Bea and I that all our guests leave Sea Breeze with good memories!

The driveway to Sea Breeze is steep in places and we let people know before we accept a booking that a 4x4 is required. We mention this several times before a guest's arrival. We offered to help them exchange the all-wheel drive car for a 4x4 the next morning. The rental companies are very good about exchanging cars when needed. For whatever reason, they kept the all-wheel drive and had problems for the whole stay. We loaned them our car one day, which we have never done for anyone before.

All 3 master suites have A/C. All of the A/C units were serviced one month before Mike and Catie's arrival. When they told us the unit in the lower level was dripping, we had an employee clean out the drain line. We didn't hear of any further problems until we read the review.We serviced all the A/C units again and every one is working perfectly.

Catie badly misquoted Bea when she said Bea doesn't like people. That couldn't be further from the truth.We have enjoyed hosting Sea Breeze Casa for 10 years and love meeting people from all over the world. We have formed friendships with many guests over the years and continue to stay in touch.
Bea has spent 18 years taking in rescue dogs,horses, and any animal in need. Bea did say that she sometimes finds it easier to relate to animals than humans and I have to agree. That is much different than not liking people. What you see is what you get with animals. People can be unpredictable.
Everyone here does their best to give visitors to Sea Breeze a great experience.

To our future Sea Breeze guests we have some exciting news to share. The property will be closed in Sept/Oct for some new additions. There will be a new covered, dining pavilion on the pool patio that will feature a built-in BBQ and bar. We will also add an outdoor shower and expanded gardens.
Sea Breeze is going Solar! 54 solar panels will provide clean energy to power the houses and pool! Pura Vida!
Susan C
Winsted, Connecticut
“Beyond expectations...”
Reviewed 17 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A friend and I spent five days in March, 2016 at Sea Breeze. Bob and Bea made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived. As they showed us around the property, our first impression was "wow!" The two guest houses (one for each of us, making us feel like royalty) are well furnished, have all the amenities one could wish for, and are comfortable and spotless. The property would be suitable for a much larger party than the two of us! All rooms have a view of the mountains, the Pacific Ocean in the distance and the beautifully landscaped grounds. Bob and Bea were genuinely warm, friendly and helpful. ( I would especially heed their advice to rent an all wheel drive vehicle for the somewhat daunting drive up the mountain to the house. But after one trip up and down it became routine.) We enjoyed visiting with the resident dogs, horses and turtles and watching the toucans and other beautiful birds and monkeys. The infinity pool is the best pool ever and if you never left the pool and patio area you would still have an unforgettable vacation. We were fortunate to be invited to tour a wildlife reserve in the Osa Peninsula which is operated by a friend of Bea and Bob. Bea also took us on an ATV ride through the woods, accompanied by many of her 14 dogs. When we had to return home, we felt as if we were saying goodbye to dear friends as well as gracious hosts.
The little town of Dominical is charming and funky--well worth a visit. And beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park is an easy 30 minute drive.

Date of stay: March 2016
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.