“Unexpectedly marvellous”

Chapy's
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Good place to have lunch. We offer wraps, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, ice cream, bagels, cofee and paninis. We use fresh and natural ingredients. You can choose any ingredient you want. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian menu. Fresh hummus! Lunch Specials Everyday!!!
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Don't miss the wraps and sandwiches. Probably the best I've had anywhere in the world. He makes his own hummus too!

1  Thank smadere

Reviewed 25 December 2013

While taking a day trip South on Xmas Day '13 we passed through Dominical to check out the town. Small town with a dusty dirt road, More Santa Teresa like than this part of CR where most roads are paved. Stopped at Chapy's with little but an expectation to get my empty stomach full.

WOW! the sandwiches and wraps are amazing and like nothing we've had anywhere. The menu looked confusing because it listed the ingredients of each sandwich or wrap but included the word "salad". I asked if it was a salad or sandwich and it was explained it could be on bread or a wrap. We ordered one of each and split.

While waiting for the sandwich (yes it took long by US standards) I lamented that the word salad was weird and it should have said lettuce. Upon eating I realized there really was a "salad" in the sandwich and wrap. Lots of unexpected veggies with meat and cheese, also some yummy sauce. If I were staying in Dominical I'd probably be there everyday!

Great smoothies too -- I had the watermelon, very refreshing. Prices reasonable, 1 sandwich, 1 wrap and 2 smoothies were $17. When we got it I wondered how we'd finish it, they were huge. Plates were polished clean, it was that good!

Only downside is two small tables outside -- we had one but if busy could be a problem.I suggest taking it to the beach if that happens!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a great vege wrap for lunch from this place. Was fantastic. Smoothies with milk much better than the ones with water. A great lunch option

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Chapy's takes awhile ... don't treat it like Subway and it won't treat you that way back. Place your order and be prepared to wait. Everything on that sandwich, including the pesto, is prepared fresh. And because Chapy gets a lot of business, it's going to take him awhile to make your sandwich. It's worth the wait. If you have a small appetite, share one because they're very large.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I ate there 2 times when I was in Dominical. It was delicious and fresh and worth every penny. It is a change from typical Costa Rican food.