“Way better than it was rated”
Review of ConFusione - CLOSED

ConFusione
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delicious tapas - based on Italian, Spanish, French, Dutch, Vietnamese and Indonesian food or you can order a pasta or meat entree. Very nice wine selection. Very relaxed atmosphere with elegantly cooked food.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have eaten here for two dinners in the past week and were very surprised that this place was placed so low on the trip advisor scale. We tried 4 different menu (Pasta's, filet mignon, fish, vegan) as well as one desert. All were delicious, presented well, cooked to our specifications (the steak) and we would go again. The service was good. At the end of our meal we were given an shooter... that we hadn't ordered, but it was like a wonderful surprise to end our meal. What a wonderful touch. I also realize that on the list of restaurants in Dominical this restaurant is also being reviewed under the heading "Hotel Domilocus & Confusione Italian Restaurant".... same restaurant as this one.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Food was great, drinks as well (honey mojito!), however their service is just confusing - soup delivered right next to main course, waiter forgot on part of our order, etc. On the evening I was there they had some live musiv, which as nice.
I would still recommend it for a nice dinner.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Off the beaten path, nice atmosphere and friendy staff. They serve my favorite pasta dish in town - Penne Puglianie (or something like that)

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This little restaurant is tucked away in Dominical close to the beach. it is part of the Dominilocos Hotel. It is a quant restaurant. romantic atmosphere at night. I ordered the corn chowder soup which was delicious! My husband had the seared tuna "chunk" yes "chunk" which is how it was described on the menu. We thought that was a funny way to describe the dish, either way it was good! Well cooked, not over done and still rare in the middle, accompanied by a very strong, thick soy sauce and potatoes. For my main entree I ordered the "Pasta con Camarones y Porcine", which is pasta with shrimp in a cream porcini mushroom sauce. This dish was absolutely terrible! The shrimp were overlooked, tiny, and tasteless. The sauce wasn't much of a sauce, the pasta was dry and tasteless. It was as if they made it a week ago and popped it in the microwave, because it was completely dehydrated and gross. Thank goodness my soup was good because that filled me up. The dessert of banana flambé that was prepared table side at the table next to us looked fantastic, but we didn't order it. I would give them another chance and order something different.

2  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We use to love this restaurant went last year the food quality was bad but the service was good tryed it again this year we won't be back the chicken was cooked th shoe leather and the sea bass was unreconizable portions we so small we had to go someplace else for dinner

1  Thank Yoyo124438