Villas Rio Mar is a beautiful and accommodating place to stay. The grounds are well manicured, the pool is awesome, the adjoining bar has a tropical tiki style to it, the room was very nice, and felt completely safe. But the best aspect of Villa Rio Mar was the friendly staff. I truly enjoyed waking up to the sounds of tropical birds, drinking good coffee and eating fresh fruit. I will certainly return to this resort when staying in Dominical. The daily activities were amazing. Whitewater kayaking on Rio Savagre, Sea kayaking in the Waves and Caves tour, Canopy zip line tour, Surf lessons, and flying along the coast in an Ultralight plane are just a few of the highlights. The guides and coordinator were very knowledgable and friendly. It is true, Costa Rica is the friendliest place in the world. From the resort a very scenic and peaceful walk along the turquoise colored Baru river into the town of Dominical took 10 minutes. I recommend getting a chilled coconut from the stand in town. The Sushi place in Dominical is highly recommended as well. The food at Villa Rio Mar is at the top too.
From Denver/Vail CO
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominical ***Eco-Hotel Resort near Uvita & Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Relax in true nature while enjoying a wide range of amenities! Villas Rio Mar is an internationally recognized 3 Star Eco hotel located in a stunning natural setting; an easy 10 minute walk from the fun and the beach of Dominical. Whether traveling as a couple or with family, Villas Rio Mar offers a wide range of amenities guaranteed to make your holiday worry-free and enjoyable. Our hotel includes 52 rooms and can also host medium-sized groups. Our spacious tropical gardens provide privacy and include many beautiful plants, flowers, and birds, which one can observe from outdoor patio areas located in front of the rooms. One of the best restaurants in the area, El Rancho, is located at Villas Rio Mar. The area offers a wide array of leisure and adventure activities including beautiful beaches, four National Parks, and many other nature & wildlife reserves. A wide range of amenities: spacious tropical gardens, jungle trails, large swimming pool with pool bar, quality restaurant & bar (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks), international sports programming, room service, billiard table, darts, foosball, kids’ play area, mini golf, outside gym, tennis court, tour & transport services, massage, nail studio, and other body treatments. 4 room types to choose from: 48 of the 52 rooms have an outdoor patio area with garden views, rooms with AC & TV available, family-sized rooms available (limited), rooms with kitchenette available, mini-fridge and ceiling fans in every room Great price for an excellent service: professional staff, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, complimentary parking, free rental car drop-off (airport & Villas Rio Mar), group discounts available, seasonal discounts; May>Dec. 15th, book now & pay later! Beautiful, easily accessible, with lots to do: - Stunning natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, and nearby tropical jungle teeming with exotic wildlife - Many beaches, national parks, and adventure tours - Easily accessible from SJO International Airport via newly paved roads (<3 hours) - 10 min. walk to Dominical - 15 min. walk to the beach - Relaxing natural setting - Private and secure Meetings & Events: conference room & event planning services for businesses, weddings & private events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical