We stayed at Roca Verde in Dominical for 2 nights during our three week Costa Rica vacation.
The hotel is right on the beach but within a beach walk to town.
Upon arrival, we received an odd cold welcome from the owner that left us feeling unsettled.
Looking through past tripadvisor reviews, we did find one that mentioned something similar. It said:
"Owners/managers were not as friendly as one would expect, seemed to not be enjoying the business."
We agree with that old review on that particular point.
As for the hotel itself, it's a really nice design, looks very solid and well maintained. The rooms have a nice balcony (try for 2nd floor), are roomy and airconditioned.
What we liked:
- The rooms
- Water temperature and pressure
- The nice pool area
- The restaurant had decent meals at good value
- No hair dryer in room
- No safe in room
- Friendliness / welcome from management
Note: One of the staff members, Edgar, was very nice to us.
Conclusion: Considering the cold reception we got, I would like to give a 3.5 star rating, however tripadvisor doesn't have that rating.......so instead, I have given an overall 4 star rating for the hotel itself. as it definetly is better than average for this remote location.
Also: As we were checking out, we noticed that staff had placed a sign at the side of the road advertising rooms for $30 less than what we just paid - ouch!
This is a "cautious" recommendation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Roca Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roca Verde Dominical
- Roca Verde Hotel Dominical
- Roca Verde Costa Rica/Dominical