Hotel Cuna del Angel
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$124
Villas Alturas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$177
Tropical Sands Dominical Eco Inn(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$62
Waterfall Villas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$154
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Plaza Suites(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$113
Rio Lindo Resort(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$68
Cool Vibes Beach Hostel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$36
  • Beachfront
All reviewsjungle roomcosta ricabeautiful hotelmain buildingwelcome drinkhowler monkeyspacific sideenjoyed our staymini fridgewhale watchinginfinity pooldominical areathree nightsnice poolview of the oceanfresh fruitpura vida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had excellent service from the second we arrived at the hotel. It was late and they insisted on taking our bags to our rooms for us. They helped us find activities near Dominical and led us to good beaches. They were always kind, cleaned our rooms, and we were happy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hcda, Gerente at Hotel Cuna del Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you very much for writing your review, customer service for us is of high priority, we make good efforts in order to train our staff and treat our guests like if they were at home. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our food, our restuarant is one of the best in the area and is 100% gluten free using organic products. We hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was 2nd night of my Honey Moon and it was really amazing, the rooms, pool, staff, food..i only booked a night, however, as it was so great that I immediatly booked an extra night...the rooms are quite clean and the food is truly great. The tips I got from the front desk employees were awesome! Nearby the Hotel you may find stunningly beautiful and desert beaches..

I believe showers should be more "Powerfull" considering the room I stayed in did not have the water pressure I think it should have...I think the breakfast might be improved, despite these i strongly recomend this hotel. In my next trip to Costa Rica I will definitely go there again!

Excellent cost, worth it.

Room Tip: Ballena National Park
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank João S

Thank you very much for taking the time in writing this nice review, we hope it helps all the readers. We feel glad that you booked an extra night due to the great experience you had.As you mention, yes , we are very close to more than 15 beaches, some very good for surfing and others excellent to relax and swim. GREAT ! that you followed the advice of the staff, they know very well the area and they know what you want and need. Our restaurant is one of the best of the area and is 100% Gluten free using a lot of organic products. Thank you very much for recommending this hotel, and we will check your suggestions to improve. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Been staying here for many years. Best place on the Pacific side. Great lodging, staff and 5 star meals. Can't say enough things to do the Angel justice. You will like this place!!! Everyone can relate in English and the service is cordial and helpful. The hotel is near surfing and great beaches.

Room Tip: If you stay in the jungle rooms, pick the side overlooking the hot tub
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your review, I am sure it will be very helpful for all Trip Advisor readers, as you mention, yes, we provide excellent service and our restaurante is considered one of the best in the area, 100% gluten free, very healthy using organic ingredients. And yes we are very close to more than 15 beaches some of them very good for surfing and others very calm. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I can't say enough good things about the staff at Cuna Del Angel. Danny, Rigor, Danny #2, Emanuel, and the others are all just top notch. There attention to detail and ability to listen are amazing.

I went with my parents and my girlfriend and we had two Jungle rooms booked. They gave my parents a free upgrade to the deluxe room. Even though the Jungle rooms are small, they are located right in the jungle and you get to experience tons of animals. We were greeted by several howler monkeys and even a sloth on our first day.

The restaurant is all organic and gluten free. The free breakfast in the morning is outstanding. I've never had eggs with yolks so orange.

My only advice is to make sure you ask the taxi drivers the price before you get in their taxi. Some drivers don't use a meter and just make up a price. I found that several taxis would inflate the price versus other drivers with a meter. I should cost around $13 to get from the hotel to downtown Dominical.

Room Tip: Jungle rooms if you want to be part of the wildlife. Deluxe rooms if you want to be closer to the pool and if you want more space.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank businesstravel76904

Hello, thank you very much for your nice comments, customer service and attention to detail for us is a high priority, I am glad that you could experience it. I will personally tell our staff all your good comments, specially to all the names you mentioned. We feel so happy that you valued our jungle rooms for what they are, cozy rooms surrounded by the forest where you have more chances to see the wildlife, in your case you saw the howler monkeys, and a sloth. Thank you for all the good comments regarding the restaurant, it is indeed one of the best in the area. 100% Gluten free and using organic ingredients. Excellent advice if you need a taxi, it will be very helpful for all readers. We hope you can visit us soon again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

During our 3 night stay I went back and forth in my opinion. We stayed in a Deluxe room poolside and not the Jungle rooms.
Very Good: The restaurant food is very good and it was convenient for us to have dinner every evening there. The Included breakfast was good every morning. The pool was very nice & the small grounds were well maintained. It is close to the road and easy to get to (there is road noise but not much). There was plenty of parking. The staff was friendly.

Average: The mattress was worn out. Housekeeping was "average" but little things like no glasses for the bathroom, not replacing dirty wine glasses, sloppy making of the bed, etc. all give you a lower opinion of the room. Some things can be missed by management like the sound on the tv going up & down and the same with the water pressure in the shower because it would need to be tested to observe. But the Big thing to me was the grout around the tub. I'll include pictures. Disgusting! And that it something that can be seen just by opening the shower curtain. That is the whole reason that I am giving this an average rating. We know that in tropical settings mildew is hard to combat but this hasn't been attended to for at least a couple of Seasons and we paid $199 per night!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple