“ceasar serving ceasar”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Dominical
Montreal, Canada
“ceasar serving ceasar”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed at THe hotel a whole week and enjoyed that big room 2nd floor with large balcony.Was fantastic!! After meeting the owner on our first day ; already made us feel at home.By the time evening came we enjoyed his tapas like menu (also has full meal options) and wine as he had a few good bottles.
The hotel is well maintained and the location perfect.Quiet in a corner of the town.Dominical is more quiet and down to earth.Still a lot of foreigners trying tosurvive by jewlery making but we see that every where. That being said the beach is to die for ; long and wide and nice to swim. Dom has it all:good affordable food, atm's, supplies,nice beach bars and lot's to do in the region.
Back to the hotel and Micheal the super friendly owner from holland and his tico wife. They love food and wine and so we got together one night to dine with them and offered to prepare a dish for them since they were looking for something to ad to the menu:a type of salad. After a few bottles of great wine offered to share my ceasar salad with them,wich i prepared in their restaurant and served to the staff afterwards.Kind of the guests serving the resto owners.Yes they loved the dish so much that by the next evening all the menus included the now famous * ceasar salad a la Philippe*. Yes it still makes me proud and i heard it was a big seller.Good for them!!! they work really hard at making everyone happy and i pray the second stage for the hotel will come to life.
The price includes a great breakfast to start your day and if you take the time you will find they know the area very well and can help arrange anything with a smile.
Very greatful to them and will return if only to have some wine and chat with Micheal

Room Tip: Small hotel very close to ocean.We had the penthouse room 2nd floor with large balcony,light and spa...
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gohabsgo1954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I love this place, just got back after staying for a week. Michael the owner and manager will really go out of his way to help out and made you feel at home. I was traveling alone, and he and his staff made me feel extremely welcome, more like a friend visiting than a hotel guest. I loved the three dogs on the property, they are charming, cute and friendly. 2 would often escort me to the beach in the morning, but if you're not a dog person don't worry, they'll leave you alone.
The place and rooms are really clean, with hot water (even during prime showering times) and A/C. there was a TV in my room but I never bothered turning it on. The bed was super comfy, and the breakfast offered at the restaurant was really good. Dinner was also tasty, I recommend the pizzas and tapas.
The price was right too, next time I'm in Dominical I know where I'm staying.
Oh yeah, the beach is literally less than 2 minutes away by foot and it takes maybe 5 minutes to get to town and the cafe right next door makes the best mango smoothies in the world.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Celia K
Mickleton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Just got back from my trip to Costa Rica yesterday. We checked out a number of places in Dominical before popping into Domilocos, and it was an easy decision to stay there. We made our initial decision on value/cleanliness, but I would return for many reasons beyond these. The room rate was $60 for 3 of us for one of the better rooms with a private balcony. The place was clean, seemily recently remodeled as well. We also had a view of the beach/ocean.

Wifi was very good/strong if that matters to you. I was on the beach and still had a signal, so snuck in a couple of minutes of work while watching some waves.

Michael, the owner, was an excellent host. Besides being friendly and extremely helpful, he is a very likeable guy. We saw him out at one of the bars, and he got us a round of drinks. Always a nice touch.

The restaurant is excellent, and affordable. It serves a tapas menu, and most of the dishes priced to about $6 USD. I highly recommend the Shrimp and avocado, and tuna tartar. It was some of the best food we had while in Costa Rica. The breakfast was also very good. The local style pancakes (looked like soft tortillas) were amazing.

If/when I go back to Dominical, this will certainly be the place I stay.

Thanks again Michael!

Michael, Michael, and Don

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 November 2011

By checking out my options online for a place to stay in Dominical, the hotel Dominilocos quickly draw my attention. After emailing around, just the way the owner corresponded with me, made me decide to try my luck overthere...

It paid off!! The hotel is located near the center of Dominical, but without the unwelcome noises at night etc. Also, the room is SPOTLESS. This is something I higly appreciate. A great bed and a great shower was all I needed extra, and that's what I got...

If I would have had more time, t'his is the kind of hotel I would have stayed much longer. The nightrate actually was too low as far as I could tell. It must be competition is fearce...

Last but not least... The owners are very friendly. When I went to the counter to ask for this particular place to go out for dinner 9 ( a friend of mine advised me to go there) it turned out to be the restaurant of the hotel...that too was great!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This was my husbands third time staying here and my second. I think this is one of the best places in Dominical. Michael, the owner, is a very nice guy and is always helpful. The rooms are very clean and affordable. Other amenities include free wifi, warm water, and A/C. I think the location is perfect. It is a very short walk to the beach or to the main street but it is tucked back just far enough to be quiet and peaceful. Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed here a little longer than we had planned due to how lowkey domincal turned out and how affordable and friendly this place was. The rooms were fairly standard but clean. One review said it was 3 minutes to the beach, it was actually more like 1 minute. It is on a side road off of the main street, which has another restaurant, great coffee shop right next store to read a book, and a laundry mat—so the location was great. Easily walkable to the grocery store and other restaurants. We opted for the room price with breakfast, it was a buffet style with plenty to choose from, they make some mean gallo pinto. We also ate at the restaurant twice and had dessert there the other nights. After reading a review that the food was small portioned, we ordered 2 tappas and a pizza. We were pretty much full from the two tappas, and when the pizza came we had to take half back to the room. The pizza alone would have been more than enough for the two of us. Very gourmet food and service, which we did not expect from Dominical, known for the surfers. The owner was super friendly and definatley wanted to make sure we were having a good experience. On our last night we ended up spending a few hours drinking wine and chatting away the evening with him. Overall, we had a great time here and hope to make it back soon.

• Stayed September 2011
Los Osos, California
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We had 3 nights here, and they gave us an affordable price, about $55/night. Wonderful breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, meats, eggs, pancakes, and juices. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable, with well-working A/C. The owner/manager, Michael (Miguel), was extremely helpful and friendly. He helped us a lot when my wife got sick, which was a tremendous blessing for a couple in a foreign country. It's definitely worth the extra bucks, if you're in Dominical.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple