“Good value on Costa Rica's southern coast”
Review of Hotel Domilocos

Hotel Domilocos
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Dominical
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was a fun place to stay. The town of Dominical is tiny, but the reputation of the hotel is large. And everyone who has stayed there knows the owner, Michael. From his first firm handshake you know this is a well run business. The rooms are basic, but we didn't come to sit inside. The beach is a 5 minute walk from your room. The restaurant was closed for the low season, but breakfast was good. They are especially proud of their pancakes, which are more like thick crepes. If you have any questions about the area Michael is your man. He pointed us to a beach called Dominicalito, which turned out to be the best beach of our whole vacation.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was recommended Domilocos by a friend on a recent business trip. I liked that it is not in the very center of town but at the further end of the road. A one block walk to the beach on a lovely quiet road. Michael was very friendly and the room was perfect. Airconditioning, lots of hot water in the shower, cable TV, WiFi, and a very nice restaurant to hang out in with a great breakfast. It was buffet style which I like because I love to have my cups of coffee before eating. It was so comfortable and clean and I think it had great value at $45 for TWO people.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I've read a few bad reviews on here but had to throw in my own EXCELLENT one. Domilocos was a great hotel and I don't have a single bad thing to say about my experience. Michael made the effort to get to know his guests by name and made sure everything about the stay was going well! The rooms were always kept very clean and for those that were complaining about bugs...get over it, you're in the jungle. That said, on my 11 night stay I only had ONE bug in the room which was likely due to me leaving the window open.

Domilocos will most likely be where I stay if I return to the area solo again and I'd definitely recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Room 19 was great...you get a bit of an ocean view and its pretty quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We have stayed here 4 different trips, from 2-5 nights at a time. It is a good value, and within a hop and skip from the ocean. The breakfast buffet is included, serving a typical Tico breakfast. The owner, Michael is friendly, and accommodating and helpful. They can also help you with any tours in the area, or transportation to other places in Costa Rica. Security is tight, and cars are watched overnight. Dinners are also offered in their restaurant, offering tapas style dishes, as well as other specialties. The food was excellent!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

we booked a day before arriving - great decision... great place, clean, nice, good value for money and great restaurant down stairs! we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to others - nice place to hang out and relax

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here a number of times over the past 4 years. Only had good experiences. Michiel of the reception is owner and always tries to help you. A great host! Rooms are not deluxe but convenient and have everything you need and want. Walk to the beach is 30 seconds or so. The on-location restaurant is great. We always eat there when we stay in the hotel. The restaurant is also popular with local residents. We can highly recommend Domilocos and Michiel who runs it.

Room Tip: We stayed in at least 6 different rooms ground floor and upstairs. No particular preference for any...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

After a long bus ride from Panama, my boyfriend and I were pleased that Hotel Domilocos had a spare room for despite the fact it was late and we didn't have a reservation. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful and seems to speak a lot of different languages. The room was basic but it's for a great price and the bed was comfortable and the shower was good. The AC worked was definitely needed, it worked well though the remote was missing (we had to borrow one and take it back down to reception so we couldn't adjust it when we wanted but it didn't matter too much). The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast was good. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple