This was my least favorite hotel in Costa Rica, but there are probably some exceptions to our room.
For the money, I often paid much less in C.R. with more comfortable, quiet rooms.
Our room was close to the cleaning/ laundry room, and was pretty loud in the morning. Also, our bathroom had this odd smell coming from the vent- it was like being inside a hair salon where a lot of perms were being done. It was a pretty gross smell, though considering you have to keep the bathroom door closed to get the room cool enough because of the weak AC, the smell was only an issue while in the bathroom.
The bed was very close to the ground and pretty stiff. overall, the room looked like a hostel. The AC took a while to cool and running at the lowest temp, I still sweat throughout the night.
Our toilet would not flush the first night- and while they were quick to fix it the next day, it did cause an inconvenience.
We were there during Easter week, and the tiny pool was full of guys holding bottles of alcohol in their hands- not the sort of place you would want to go hang out.
The people were very nice, helpful, thoughtful. Free Wifi
Breakfast was good.
Dinner at the restaurant was the usual Tico slowness, but very good food, relaxing environment.
We did also stay at Pacific Edge in Dominical and there is no question that this was the better place- for almost the same price we had our own awesome cabin, beautiful view and great pool. If only they had space earlier in the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 21 room hotel located at 50 meters from the beach, with a very popular Italian restaurant called ConFusione. The spacy, clean rooms are all equipped with A/C, private bathrooms and hot water. The standard rooms can accomodate up to 4 people, the big rooms up to 7 people. We have a huge jacuzzi, and end of may 2008 the lounge bar will be ready. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel Domilocos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domilocos Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Domilocos Costa Rica/Dominical