Totally positively like no where else on earth. I don’t know that it’s possible to find anywhere more serene, peaceful, gorgeous, relaxing, enlightening and uplifting. There is not one single thing touristy or hotel-like here. You are basically in a world of your own with Fateh and Franco at your fingertips.
Unfortunately, I do not think I nor my female travel partner were the best guests they had by any stretch; my apologies to Fateh and Franco for that. Things just did not get off to the best start when we arrived at the airport and found our guy with the Waterfall Villas sign as instructed by Fateh. Said guy who we thought was the driver who had the sign took us over to the curb with our bags and passed us off to another guy who we thought surely was our driver. The new guy immediately grabbed our bags and nicely carried them to the van as we followed. We were impressed. Then when we arrived to a van marked with a completely different hotel name, the guy who carried our bags a total of 20 feet rudely demanded a tip and was never to be seen again. He was not our driver either. We finally figured out that the third guy was our driver and he did not speak much English. After driving about 45 minutes at high speeds and on the wrong side of the road over and over, I called Fateh to make sure we were indeed in the right van. She said she thought so but would check and get back to us, she never did. As 2 females traveling alone, this did not make us feel very warm and fuzzy. When I told Fateh about this in person her reply was “well, you tip everyone here, people don’t do things for free.” I think our point of feeling unsafe and harassed was completely missed. I do tip and I tip well when something is done with respect and courtesy not demanded or done under-handedly – we carried our bags ourselves all the way from the US, carrying them 20 more feet was not the least bit of a problem.
I very much felt like we were treated wonderfully, but frugally. I am not sure if this was because Fateh was nice enough to allow my travel partner to travel with me for a very low fee or because she so nicely gave me an off-season price during the first peak-season week. There were quite a few little things that made us think this. And some not so little things like not being given a facial I paid for, meals that were not at all personalized as the website said (we were however handed a menu at the beginning and were asked to let her know anything we wanted to change) and the fact that our shower never had consistent hot water (we had to turn it off and on over and over to get any hot water). We did report the lack of hot water, but I just don’t think we were taken too seriously. Part of that was our fault as I said we were not in the most zen place when we arrived.
Regardless of everything we were definitely more zen when we left; Fateh and Franco have a gift for cultivating health and healing on all levels and I personally think anyone could come here and take away life long beauty. As a matter of a fact, I recommended Waterfall Villas to a friend who actually stayed there before we ever did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate and romantic eco-resort with 6 luxurious Balinese tropical style suites, with private Waterfalls, full Spa, and organic meal services. The Waterfall Villas specializes in Exotic Honeymoon packages, Waterfall destination Weddings, Raw foods / Vegan packages and Spa Detox packages. The property is a Romantic Wellness Retreat in the exotic jungle of Costa Rica where the energy of our very own private Waterfalls will resonate into your body, mind and soul with healing and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas Hotel Dominical
- Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas Costa Rica/Dominical