“Ohmigod - This place is incredible” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Los Aires/Las Aguas Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Villa Los Aires/Las Aguas Lodge
Los Angeles, California
“Ohmigod - This place is incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

My girlfriend and I were the last guests before this hotel closed for the season, but you would never know it. This place is incredible. From spending a relaxing day enjoying the views by the pool our lounge area, to the night-time movie room, to a quick trip down to the beach... Las Aguas fit the bill.
This hotel was honestly one of the best places I've ever stayed while out of the country. The facilities are beautiful and comfortable. The service and hospitality top notch. The staff went above board to make us comfortable, helped us arrange and reserve activities and gave us advice to get to know the area better. There are several waterfalls on the property, and we saw toucans one evening in a nearby tree.
I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a true jungle getaway in Costa Rica.

• Liked — Beautiful, remote, true getaway in the jungle.
  • Disliked — Remote, true getaway in the jungle (some travel time to get there)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dpmason

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

I went with several friends and my boyfriend and had an amazing time! We ended our Costa Rica trip at this hotel, and from the moment we walked in we were just floored at the hospitality, the views, the cleanliness, the food, the drinks, everything! This is the kind of place you can make your home base to make trips to the ocean, but best to just stay at with friends relaxing and enjoying the local communities nearby. It's really at an amazing location, not only do they have their own waterfalls, but there are fabulous day trips like horseback riding, Canopy Tours, and a bigger waterfall. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this was one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. No kidding! The area is incredibly beautiful, and I thought this place was more impressive than Monteverde. It feels more like a B&B b/c the owner and staff are so helpful, friendly, and attentive. My friends and I wanted to come back and rent the whole place! It could be an amazing party house for a group of friends. I think it is best for couples. The other tip I would give is to make sure you get really good directions to the place, b/c it really is hidden away.

• Liked — The actual hotel and its amenities.
  • Disliked — The dirt road to get there! But that is true of all of Costa Rica, I'm afraid...
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tp2008
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2008

Fist of all, I am not a professional traveler who works rating hotels for any specific company. I am just a professional Healthcare provider who loves to travel and to spend relaxing time with family and friends.
My experience at Las Aguas Jungle Lodge in Costa Rica (March 31- April 6, 2008) could be described very easily: AMAZING. Why? Simply because it has been my very first time when I’m able to come back from a vacation where I can say that I don’t have to take “vacations for my vacations”, if you know what I mean by that. Typically I take vacations about three times a year. Normally, I tried to do and see everything on a very short limited time, leaving me with no time to relax. By the time I’m back from vacations, I’m exhausted and need more time off to recuperate. This time, it was not the case. Once you get out of San Jose (which is not the most pleasant experience) you are heading for a wonderful experience. At your arrival at Las Aguas, you feel like if you have arrived at The Fantasy Island (I’m giving away my age). You definitively are in another world where time doesn’t exist. Steve, the manager, is absolutely an outstanding person and make sure that you feel very relaxed while you are with them. Everything is very simple, but very elegant. Don’t expect an international cuisine, instead, by prepared to experience Patricia’s homemade cooking (ask her to prepare for you Flan Tony). There are waterfalls within the property, all you need to do is ask Cesar to take you for a nice hike around the property and end up swimming by the waterfalls. The pool area is very relaxing and you will see toucans flying by or standing on any of the many trees that surround Las Aguas.
There are your typical touristy attractions like horse back ridding to The Nauyaca Waterfall. This one includes breakfast and lunch right at the halfway of the trip. This was very nice and the food was very good. Another touristy attraction and one of my favorites, the Canopy zip-line at Hacienda Baru. We were able to see sloth, cocoa plants, poisonous dart frogs, and a rare bird called “stake bird”. Also, we went to the beach at Dominical. The views from some of the sites are breathtaking. One thing that I have to mention here is that indeed a 4x4 is absolutely necessary.
You have lunch while you are out and have diner at Las Aguas. Los Chorros is another eatery place on your way to Las Aguas. The view is awesome and food is good.
In general, we are already planning our next trip to Las Aguas. Can’t wait!!!!!
I’m being 100% honest here and believe me; you will not regret this relaxing trip to Las Agua. PURA VIDA!!!!!!

• Liked — roomy
  • Disliked — road to get to the hotel
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank tonyquinones
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Little did we realize that our visit to Las Aguas would be a slice of paradise that we found extremely difficult to leave. The accommodations, staff, facility and scenery were more than we expected. Steve, the owner and his staff were very attentive to every detail in every way. The pictures on their web site can't portray the beauty of the area. The trails, waterfalls and river will give you more than enough to explore and enjoy. Horseback riding, zip line canopy tours and the ocean's edge are all 30 minutes or less from the Resort. If you want to chill while soaking up the beauty and sun, you can do that. If you want to mix in lots of activities in the surrounding area, you can do that too. The staff was more than helpful in explaining our activity options and taking care of the arrangements.
At the Resort, the food was fantastic! After dinner, you can enjoy a movie in the Theater room reclining in a nice overstuffed chair. And enjoying the huge hot tub at night under the stars was a great way to end each day.

I think this place attracts wonderful people. To this day, we keep in touch with new friends (other guests) that we met there during our visit.

We loved that Las Aguas was off the beaten path too. You're in the middle of the "real" Costa Rica; not a tourist laden, commercialized area. Being that requires an SUV type vehicle to get in and out. Leave the car behind!

I can't say enough great things about Las Augas. We feel very lucky to have found it and I have recommended it to all my close friends. We left knowing that we will be back again soon this year. It's that great of a slice!

• Liked — Everything! The local style, attentive staff and the amazing surrounding beauty!
  • Disliked — Nothing at all.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank billvjohn
MAINZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

What an experience! This was our first trip to Costa Rica, but we will definitely be returning, and spending time at the Las Aguas Resort will most surely be part of future visits.

The resort is simply unbelievable! We felt like royalty -- pampered by the owner, Steve, and his friendly and attentive staff. The beauty of the jungle setting is truly difficult to describe. Guests have the benefit of an incredible nature experience coupled with comfortable rooms and modern amenities. We enjoyed the beach and activities like canopy zip-lining or horseback riding during the day, met friends for cocktails by the pool in the afternoon, and finished the day by relaxing in the jacuzzi. Can’t wait to get back!

• Liked — Incredible Combination of Nature and Comfort
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarkMZ
Québec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2008

Our family of six rented the lodge for 11 days. A warmth welcome upon our arrival and constant attention given to our needs contributed to a pleasant stay. Needless to say the facilities are amazing! The surrounding is breathtaking! We enjoyed every minute of our holidays.

• Liked — Price vs accomodation
  • Disliked — Accessibility
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank SOP6
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2008

This place is outstanding!!! I have been to Costa Rica over 10 times in the past 15 years and this is the best place we have ever stayed. Steve, the owner, has a great vision and has done a wonderful job. The hotel is beautiful, tasteful, and has all the modern amenities. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. Although the pictures on the website are nice, they don't capture the beauty of the jungle setting....you just have to see it for yourself. The staff was friendly, welcoming, and courteous.

It's a great place to go to "get away from it all" due to it's rather "remote" location, but there is also plenty to do if you want. We went horseback riding to a breathtaking waterfall, went sea kayaking, and zip-lined through the canopy....all within 30 minutes of the hotel. The staff is very helpful in arranging any activities you want to do. The beach is only 20-30 minutes away. You can also listen to the howler monkeys or watch the toucans fly by as you lounge around the pool or sit in the jacuzzi. A great place to go with friends for a fun and relaxing get-away. It is also a great part of Costa Rica that is missed by many vacationers who go there.

• Liked — phenomenal place in a gorgeous setting
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends