Casita Corcovado
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aguila de Osa(Drake Bay)
US$210
US$79
US$339
  • Pool
Poor Man's Paradise(Osa Peninsula)
US$128
US$120
  • Restaurant
Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge(Corcovado National Park)
US$441
US$390
Tranquilo Lodge(Drake Bay)
Drake Bay Getaway Resort(Drake Bay)
  • Beachfront
La Paloma Lodge(Drake Bay)
  • Pool
All reviewsb bwonderful hoststhree roomscosta ricabreakfasts were greatshared bathroomhome away from homeamerican couplebuy groceriesair conditioningrooms are comfortable and cleanshort walkquick tourdining tablenational park tourwonderful daysfish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Being hosted by Jamie and Gregorio has been a real pleasure. their honest attitude recomending the best options and prices, their warm care and their ability to appear when needed and disapear when you need to relax and hear the birds alone in your hammock made of those days a gift for me. Highly advisable for sure, specially now that Gregorio has a new boat!!

Carlos Huguet
Madrid
Spain

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2009

we had a great time staying with Gregorio and Jamie. they helped us with a broken down car, breakfast at 4am and dining reccomendations!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2009

A friendly, community-oriented American couple rent out three rooms in their ideally located home at Drake Bay. They know what to see and do and make you feel like at home. They offer clean air-conditioned rooms at a reasonable price compared to the large adventure resorts there. Drake Bay was my favorite place in Costa Rica and Casita Corcovado my favorite lodging.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Last April we visited Craig and Jamie during our three weeks on holliday in Costa Rica. Initially we were tipped to go to Jinetes de Osa which is a hotel and dive center nearby.
Because Jinetes was full at the time, the manager arranged a stay with Casitas Corcovado for us, this proved to be a very nice experience.

When we arrived by boat from Sierpe, Craig was already waiting for us at the beach with his landrover to pick us (and our luggage) up. That evening we had dinner in town (don't know if you cal call it a town since it is so small). The next day we had booked a hike in the Corcovado National Park. Because we needed to leave early Craig and Jamie also got up early to make us a lovely breakfast which we really enjoyed. Coming back in the afternoon we were offered to join them for dinner (10 dollars p.p.). That evening we had a wonderful dinner, Craig prepared a mahi mahi fish that he had cought himself the week before. The taste was great and it was obvious they had some experience in preparing dinners :-)

The next day we joined them for dinner again because we had such a good experience.

Also, since Craig and Jamie are very interested in their guests it is very easy to pick up a nice conversation with them during dinner or when lounging in the nice hammocks they have.

I can remember myself writing in their guestbook that it is a place to come home to when you are on holliday, and this is exactly how it felt.

Next time I go to Costa Rica, I will certainly try to visit them again.

Marcel & Daan

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank DAANandMARCEL
Reviewed 15 April 2009

This Bed and Breakfast came highly recommended by the staff at another hotel I was staying. I was travelling alone during this part of my 6 weeks in Central America, so a staff recommendation was very important to me. When it was time to transfer, the desk called the B&B and Craig (or Gregorio as he is known by the locals) came to meet and drive me to my next stop. Here, I met the other half of Casita Corcovado, Jamie. Jamie was very warm and inviting, and she answered all my questions while giving me a little more background on the area. Dinner at the b&b was an option I chose as both Craig and Jamie are trained in the culinary arts. I had a wonderful meal complete with wine with the other guests. The following day I was invited to lounge on one of several hammocks while waiting for the next part of my trip. The home was spacious and clean and air conditioning was available to those who wanted it. I chose to pass on the white noise of the aircon so I could take in sounds of the birds and ocean. Drake Bay is surrounded my national parklands, so there was very little development, and all the folks in the area knew each other which guarantees a safe experience. There are several bars and restaurants in there, as well as an internet cafe, and a convenience store with staples items. I went for the diving, but fell in love with the natural beauty of the area. I would return in a heartbeat, and encourage others to take advantage of Casita Corcovado's hospitality and its' natural beauty. Thanks, Jamie and Craig, for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo