Last week, while visiting Drake Bay, two friends and I ended up at Jade Mar's restaurant twice. The first meal was generally poor and made with leftovers from the previous night re-heated and involved some curious ingredient substitutions that just tasted off. Upon receipt of the bill, we discovered that several items were mispriced, and when we called this to the attention to the waiter he tried to explain that the restaurant's owner had recently changed the pricing and hadn't gotten around to fixing the prices yet. This clearly sounded strange, but we paid anyway, although not before making our concerns with the pricing very clear. The next night, we again found ourselves at Jade Mar (it was the only place we could find serving whole fried fish), and while the fish itself was decent, the restaurant (different waiter) again raised the price on us mid-way through the meal when we had already eaten half of the plate. The waitress was extremely apologetic, and on both occasions it sounded like the owner/management in the kitchen was putting a lot of pressure on the wait staff to charge us higher prices than those advertised, which totally turned us off by the end of the experience. It felt very intentional, especially after having spoken with them about it just one day prior. Their lemonade, however, was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabinas Jade Mar is located in Southern Pacific Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula, perfectly situated in Drake Bay and near the Corcovado National Park in an area of Agujitas. This area of the Osa Peninsula is accessible by boat and car 4*4 and is one of album-tucanthe most remote and untouched places on Costa Rica's entire Pacific coastline. Our Drake Bay accommodations is 5 min walking to the ocean, immersed in the rainforest for an experience you won't forget. During your stay, you will explore endless small coves and beaches, fresh-water lagoons, and miles of hiking trails that wind through the rainforest make this the perfect spot to simply relax all day or embark on an eco-adventure experience second to none.Or only sit on our garden and take pictures of all the beautiful birds around the hotel. Room Air Condition Private Cabanas Ocean View Cabanas Family Cabanas Free WIFI Free Parking Friendly Pet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Jademar Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Jade Mar Hotel Drake Bay
- Jademar Cabins Costa Rica/Drake Bay