When we were looking for places to visit in Costa Rica, Drake bay was generally not showing up on top of of the lists. Owing this partly to being remote and being on the Pacific side to the far south-west of Costa Rica, I think this area is very under-advertised. Maybe it should stay that way so that people like me can take full advantage of it.
When it comes to the hotel, Felix helped us a lot find our activities for every day and made each one a blast. Fishing for a full day, Corcovado NP, horseback riding along the beach was what we did as activities and he organized them all... We took one of the rooms that had an ocean view. It had a hammock out on the balcony and since the hotel is pretty high up, the view was breathtaking. Nothing like watching the sun set with a good breeze out in the balcony. Makes all your troubles seem like they are thousands of miles away (which they literally were at that point) I would say choose this hotel and you won't regret it. One thing to be careful about, though: I ate so many pineapples there I could not eat any for at least a year. Pineapple is in everything you are served :))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Cotingas provides a beautiful location, great cabins, and excellent service. We treat our clients as if they were at home. We have the best view of Drake Bay. Come and visit us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Ranchitos Las Cotingas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranchitos Las Cotingas Hotel Drake Bay
- Ranchitos Las Cotingas Costa Rica/Drake Bay