“A night to remember !”

The Night Tour with Tracie The Bug Lady
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Excellent Tour, full of excitement and new things to learn. We were picked up at 20:00h from our Lodge, Aguila de Osa, and in a group of six followed Tracie and Gianfranco along a path in search of insects, frogs, spiders, snakes... We were all provided with head lamps and were instructed to keep behind them. They were amazing at showing us all kind of creatures.

Being a very easy and slow walk, we got back at our Hotel around 22:30h, with great memories and wishing we could do it again very soon. Do not hesitate and book the Tour! Tracie was really efficient at answering mails and making all the arrangements prior to our arrival.

It was also a nice touch to receive a PDF with the creatures we saw on our Night Tour.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Tracie and Gianfranco led us on a crazy awesome night tour sharing all of the local bugs that a traveler might never see. Never would I have known that there are 1000's of creepy crawlers all around you in Drakes Bay. Tracie has the perfect personality for delivering a tour full of mysterious and creepy surprises. Must do if you are in Drakes Bay!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I say two because my husband and I had such an amazing time with Tracie and Gian that we booked them the next night as well! I learned more in these two nights than in any science class I've ever taken. Both Tracie and Gian are incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The snakes, frogs, spiders (and more) that we saw were really awesome and the facts and stories that were shared were equally fascinating.

The second best part about seeing these animals is getting the full list with details about each of them from Tracie and Gian. I could then add everything to my "wildlife nerd" list to reminisce and learn more when I got back home.

The Night Tour was so much fun and honestly, it's going to be one of the first things we do whenever we back to Costa Rica!!! Thanks Tracie and Gian!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked our tour through the Drake bay Wilderness resort (what a gem!!), and we had an amazing experience. My daughter and her fiance joined my husband and I. We saw 3 snakes, beetles, frogs, a sleeping hummingbird (omg was that ever cute!!), many spiders including the very cool trap-door spider. Great stories accompanied each creature. Tracie and her husband Gian have the utmost respect for these creatures, and are seriously amazing and a tour with them should not be missed! We want to go again!!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We booked this activity through La Paloma lodge. Our family of 3 (12 yo daughter) really enjoyed the 2 hour walk with Tracie and her husband. We did see a variety of bugs and beautiful tree frogs, which we could not possibly find ourselves if we went looking. My favorite was a trapped door spider.

Tracie put some drama and spin into the walk so it was fun.

She was very careful about our safety and gave tips about what to do and not, which I really appreciate.

We highly recommend this activity.