“Spoiled by Tracie the Bug lady tour!!”

The Night Tour with Tracie The Bug Lady
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kihei, Hawaii
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Spoiled by Tracie the Bug lady tour!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was my first night tour in Costa Rica. It was absolutely the best (did a total of 3 night tours) by far. Tracie spoiled us with all of her cool finds and left me disappointed with the rest of the night tours we did. She is so very knowledgable and her helper is just as good. Every few steps that we made, they found something new to point out. We learned so much about bugs, snakes, frogs, and spiders from her tour. I have to admit that I was very scared to go out in the dark with all those poisonous creatures but being on her tour I felt very safe. Also, she provided headlamps for us to wear on the hike, which worked extremely well. I would recommend wearing boots. There definitely is alot of mud and they really protect your feet (can't believe how many people I saw wearing sandals on the night tours). If you do nothing else while in Costa Rica...this is the tour to do!

Visited July 2013

Victoria, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Diverse and Fascinating”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This tour was excellent, and the enthusiasm of Tracie was infectious as she shared her excitement in discovering each new creature. During our tour we were able to see many frogs, some snakes, various spiders including a tarantula and dangerous wandering spider, a kinkajou, and hear many interesting stories. A highlight was the discovery of a very rare beetle that they had not seen in many years, and it was great to see how excited they were to have found it. This tour was highly educational for us, and we left with even more of an appreciation for the incredible diversity of life in the area. We would definitely do the tour again when we return to Drake Bay.

Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable and Action-Packed!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We just returned from Costa Rica and The Bug Tour was definitely one of the trip highlights. From the moment the tour began, Tracie and Gian were pointing out Netcasting Spiders, Trapdoor Spiders, various frogs, butterflies, even a Kinkajou! They have an awesome system where as one points out an insect and relays interesting facts/anecdotal stories to the group, the other is ahead scouting for other critters so you're always moving from one discovery to the next.

Tracie was great at making sure everyone in the group could see what was being demonstrated, and her and Gian's passion for what they do was infectious! I learned so much and would absolutely book this tour again if I return to Drake Bay.

If you send them an email after the tour, they even send a wrap-up report detailing the animals/insects that were spotted, alongside some other websites to visit or books to read to learn more about what was discussed that night.

The Night Tour is a MUST-DO for all ages.

Visited May 2013
Budapest, Hungary
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best way to see the creatures of the night”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The tour is organized very well. Tracey works with her friend, who helps her to find the most interesting animals. I saw everything I wanted: cute gladiator and red eye tree frog, a big tarantula, sleeping hummingbird, and more! And the best is that they managed to show a snake, too! I was beginning to worry that I will not have a chance to see a snake, but luckily right at the end of the tour they found one!
Very informative, exciting, so a great tour!

Visited May 2013
Chicago
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Night Life (Wild)”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Did the bug lady tour with Tracie and Gian. Saw many bugs, frogs, birds and a opossum. It was a pleasure to spend time with people who love their jobs. The story about Tracie having 100 Orb spiders living freely in her house was freaky but shows how much she loves bugs! She gives lots of information about the wildlife in the area. Tracie also has a interesting web site. Just wish I seen a snake.

Visited March 2013