“Bug Lady Reign”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bug Lady Reign”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The "Bug Lady" night time walk about is awesome. She and her husband work as a great team in finding: bugs, spiders and webs, snakes, frogs, moths, wasps, even a nocturnal elusive kinkajou(mammal). She supplies the headlamps and you supply the open mind. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the walk, just tread lightly and be in awe.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank John K

Davis, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“excellent tour”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Even in the rain, this was a great "tour". The couple who runs it are very knowledgeable, and their enthusiasm for the bugs is contagious. Of all the activities, this was my favorite at La Paloma (the kayaks were a close 2nd).

Drake Bay
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“amazing tour!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I live in Drake Bay and have been several times on the tour with Tracy and Gian. And every time I feel like a kid at Christmas unpacking its gifts :-) This tour has so many "wow" situations or "incredible". Last time I just stood there mouth open when Tracy showed us that spider that really uses a net to throw around large insects to capture them....
I know I could go out with them every night and its always something new and exciting to see. And even so Tracy and Gian have done this tour so many times they are still totally enthusiastic!

1 Thank MartinaWegener
Kihei, Hawaii
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Spoiled by Tracie the Bug lady tour!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was my first night tour in Costa Rica. It was absolutely the best (did a total of 3 night tours) by far. Tracie spoiled us with all of her cool finds and left me disappointed with the rest of the night tours we did. She is so very knowledgable and her helper is just as good. Every few steps that we made, they found something new to point out. We learned so much about bugs, snakes, frogs, and spiders from her tour. I have to admit that I was very scared to go out in the dark with all those poisonous creatures but being on her tour I felt very safe. Also, she provided headlamps for us to wear on the hike, which worked extremely well. I would recommend wearing boots. There definitely is alot of mud and they really protect your feet (can't believe how many people I saw wearing sandals on the night tours). If you do nothing else while in Costa Rica...this is the tour to do!

Victoria, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Diverse and Fascinating”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This tour was excellent, and the enthusiasm of Tracie was infectious as she shared her excitement in discovering each new creature. During our tour we were able to see many frogs, some snakes, various spiders including a tarantula and dangerous wandering spider, a kinkajou, and hear many interesting stories. A highlight was the discovery of a very rare beetle that they had not seen in many years, and it was great to see how excited they were to have found it. This tour was highly educational for us, and we left with even more of an appreciation for the incredible diversity of life in the area. We would definitely do the tour again when we return to Drake Bay.