“Just go”

Pershore, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Just go”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

As amazing as all the insects and amphibians are, Tracie and John are by far the highlight of this tour! The best night tour we did in Costa Rica.

Visited February 2013

Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Creeping around at night at Drake Bay”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the after dark tour with Tracie. We saw snakes, spiders and many insects. Tracie is both knowledgeable and an excellent story teller. My husband, who is an amateur entomologist, was impressed by the breadth of Tracie's knowledge and her ability to "spot" her subjects. The tour is conducted by headlamp (these are supplied by Tracie). She taught us to look for the "eye shine" of living creatures which is most clearly visible when we use a headlamp just above our own eye level. Ever since meeting Tracie on our bug walk in Costa Rica I have used a headlamp in that manner when walking our dog at night. We live in a semi-rural area and I see so much more than I had before. It is a pleasure to recommend a tour that was not only fun at the time but enhanced my everyday life!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank gypsygirl50
Sonoita, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bug Lady Reign”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The "Bug Lady" night time walk about is awesome. She and her husband work as a great team in finding: bugs, spiders and webs, snakes, frogs, moths, wasps, even a nocturnal elusive kinkajou(mammal). She supplies the headlamps and you supply the open mind. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the walk, just tread lightly and be in awe.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank John K
Davis, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“excellent tour”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Even in the rain, this was a great "tour". The couple who runs it are very knowledgeable, and their enthusiasm for the bugs is contagious. Of all the activities, this was my favorite at La Paloma (the kayaks were a close 2nd).

Visited July 2013
Drake Bay
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“amazing tour!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I live in Drake Bay and have been several times on the tour with Tracy and Gian. And every time I feel like a kid at Christmas unpacking its gifts :-) This tour has so many "wow" situations or "incredible". Last time I just stood there mouth open when Tracy showed us that spider that really uses a net to throw around large insects to capture them....
I know I could go out with them every night and its always something new and exciting to see. And even so Tracy and Gian have done this tour so many times they are still totally enthusiastic!

Visited July 2013