Copa de Arbol is simply incredible. Very remote, which might not be for everyone, but we loved our stay there. Easily the highlight of our two week trip through Costa Rica. The staff is very friendly and if you stay for a few nights (highly recommended) you will get to know everyone on a first name basis.
We took a boat to get there, even though it was raining lightly and the water was a little rough it set the tone that this would not be your typical hotel.
I’m not even sure where to start, but the private cabanas are nicely appointed and very comfortable. Although with all of the great outdoor activities nearby you probably won’t spend much time there.
- Trip to Corcovado National Park: On the boat ride we saw whales and dolphins.
- At the park we saw a ton of wildlife. It poured, we got drenched, but such is life in a rainforest I suppose. Our guide was great and we ended up doing a night hike with him the next day.
- Nice pool, but small and if there were more than a couple of other people or kids it wouldn’t have been as relaxing. The fresh made daiquiris and coladas were great.
- Easy hikes either way along the shoreline. We walked for a couple of hours and around every bend it seemed there was a pristine and completely empty beach. Gorgeous sunsets and we saw lots of cool birds.
- The monkeys. There was a troop of capuchins that we saw swing through the trees and “raid” the main dining area. We watched from the pool and it was fascinating to watch them “attack” from different angles, run distractions and escape when the staff shooed them away. We also saw them chilling a ¼ mile during one of our beach walks and watched them play with one another for a half hour or so.
- I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty of things, but if you just want to get away from it all and relax surrounded by beach and rainforest Copa de Arbol would be hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copa De Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort is an intimate, remote eco-conscious beachfront Drake Bay resort set among 70 acres of pristine rainforest reserve. Located in Southern Pacific Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula, perfectly situated between Drake Bay and the Corcovado National Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Copa de Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copa De Arbol Beach And Rainforest Resort Costa Rica/Drake Bay