We were celebrating a big wedding anniversary with a trip to Costa Rica and this place was suggested by our travel agent. Wow! What an idyllic place! Wildlife everywhere with knowledgeable guides to point them out. Delicious healthy meals included as well as the air, taxi and boat transportation to get there. Guided tours all included. Staff were all super nice and attentive. Beautiful accommodations with open air bathrooms, verandas with spectacular ocean views....beautiful grounds. One day without an activity is good so you can enjoy just being there.A few caveats... The boat ride to get there can be nerve wracking in bad weather which we had on our arrival. When it rained, we had to remind ourselves we are in the rain forest in the rainy season so be prepared to go for the activities in the rain.After you've been here, every place else pales in comparison so go towards the end of your Costa Rican adventure"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay