La Paloma was the fourth and by far the best accommodations we have tried in the Osa (others were Casa Corcovado, Lapa Rios and Aguila de Osa). The rooms were beyond luxury - deep hardwood colors and brilliant wood construction, with vistas of ocean and jungle, and monkeys that came right to our deck. The direct personal hospitality of the owners (Mike and Sue) and manager (Nicole) made us so comfortable. The little details made the difference - large comfortable towels, beautiful linens, excellent fresh food, the swim "wraps" they provided just for walking to the beach.
From La Paloma we made a snorkel trip (my grandson learned in the deep blue waters there -- warm water and gentle encouragement); the sea kayaking with Shawn up the crystalline river was a naturalist's dream. The lodge provided such a warm atmosphere for their guests - not centered around a bar, but around the nature -- bug free and lovely even in the evenings.
In 20 years of travel in Costa Rica, with many high star hotels, I will rank La Paloma the best for service, for thoughtful details to make us comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay