We stayed for 5 nights and every morning we were up by about 06:30 and in bed by about 21:00 and it was great. Trips out every day -snorkelling, to the mangrove, to walk in the reserve and so on. These all cost but they come with the boat, the guide and sometimes lunch.
All meals are included and drinks are not overpriced. Some people paid to go deep sea fishing and what they caught we ate. So we had really fresh fish every day and it was excellent - indeed all the food was great; and there is coffee and cookies and bananas always available. Make sure you don't miss the pre-dinner appetisers.
Meals are at communal tables of 10 or 12 so you meet and talk to all sorts of people from all over - US, France, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium and maybe a couple of others. Really interesting and interested people, with good senses of homour - especially Bill & Sharon!
And all the staff are very friendly - and seem able to remember everyone's name.
Rooms have no air-con - but the ceiling fan was plenty to keep it cool and we slept really well .
Pity there is nowhere on site for a quick dip in the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainforest and Marine Adventure Lodge: Nestled amidst the jungle-covered hillsides overlooking the tranquil waters of Drake Bay, Aguila de Osa is an exquisite rainforest and marine adventure hotel. It’s here where you will experience life right on the edge of the Osa. Aguila de Osa is the destination for adventurers from around the world, offering the most convenient access to Corcovado National Park, Caño Island Biological Marine Reserve, and a full array of adventures including world-class sport fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling, plus bird watching, hiking, beach trips, river kayaking, mangrove estuary tours, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aguila de Osa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aguila De Osa Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Aguila De Osa
- Aguila De Osa Costa Rica/Drake Bay