Aguila de Osa is a wonderful retreat in one of the most beautiful parts of Costa Rica. It is comprised of about 8 small 2 or 3 room buildings perched on a hill about 50 feet above the main building. The main building serves as a dining hall, bar, and start-off point for daily activities. Each of the rooms has a fabulous view of the Bay, with a full front porch, hammock, chairs and tons of wildlife flying by. Access to the adjacent Park and island is by Boat, and the activities arranged by Carlos and crew were well planned and thoughtfully organized.
I've read some of the criticisms posted on earlier reviews and must disagree. True, the room are rather spartan but if you want to stay at the Ritz, stay at the Ritz! The beds are comfy, the rooms are clean, the showers worked fine, and the meals were outstanding, and I have travelled a lot in this country and elsewhere. There are lots of great things about this place--aside from the romatic location--the opportunities for activities are fabulous (try the Zip Line and don't miss the escorted tour through Corcovado), the food is great, and the guests are especially interesting. It takes a little work to get here, so those who do arrive are a bit more adventursome and unusual.
If you want to see a beautiful part of this country up close, and don't need to have turn-down service every night or a little chocolate on your pillow, come here. I promise you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainforest and Marine Adventure Lodge: Nestled amidst the jungle-covered hillsides overlooking the tranquil waters of Drake Bay, Aguila de Osa is an exquisite rainforest and marine adventure hotel. It’s here where you will experience life right on the edge of the Osa. Aguila de Osa is the destination for adventurers from around the world, offering the most convenient access to Corcovado National Park, Caño Island Biological Marine Reserve, and a full array of adventures including world-class sport fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling, plus bird watching, hiking, beach trips, river kayaking, mangrove estuary tours, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aguila de Osa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aguila De Osa Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Aguila De Osa
- Aguila De Osa Costa Rica/Drake Bay