What a fabulous place! So peaceful and tropical. We were there on spring break and even though there were plenty of kids around, it still felt peaceful and quiet. Because of the communal experience, all the guests were very friendly and sociable. The staff was great, the beaches are beautiful and there are many tours to take from there. The food was not as wonderful as we expected but it was good, we never missed a meal! The rooms are small and simple but there is no reason to spend any time in them except to sleep. We only stayed for two nights because we meetings on either side of the visit, but I wouldn't recommend a short stay. The cost per night/person gets much more reasonable after 3 nights. The longer you stay, the better the pricing. Our only disappointment was the tour to Cano Island (included in our package). It was supposed to be snorkeling and a hike on the island. While the snorkeling was great, it wasn't until we were pulling out that our guide told us we didn't have time to hike because we were in the water so long! We went to a beach back on the mainland for lunch which was fine, but we could of done our own picnic at a nearby beach without the hassle/cost. Other than that, totally recommend and would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since it was founded in 1985, Drake Bay Wilderness Resort has continued to be a family run business. Our focus has been to take good care of our guests so that they'll feel right at home. We try to be as flexible as possible, taking into consideration people´s needs and we do our very best to fulfill special requests. For instance, we will prepare meals for special diets. Furthermore, the hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful locations in the area. It has large open areas with a bounty of beautiful flowers, tropical plants, big mango trees, and beach almond trees that attract the raucous macaws. The property gives you the feel of being in a private island since the river flows along the backside of the property and the whole front side meets the ocean. In addition to this, most visitors come to us by boat and the access by land to the hotel is a small path, unreachable by car, that is submerged in a jungle. Best of all, there is a paradise like view of the bay and ocean, reflecting the deep blue sky and, beyond that, hills bound in lush forests.We offer all sorts of extras that help make our guests' stay more comfortable and enjoyable. For example, we include a full laundry service. Kayaks close to the water are always at our guests' disposal. We have a restaurant, bar, swimming pool, dock, and hammocks to relax under the shade of a tree with the cool ocean breeze blowing on you. From our hotel we take guests on adventures in snorkeling, hiking, diving, canoeing and whale watching. Visitors often see four species of monkeys, sloths, tapir, caiman and a myriad of birds, including the scarlet macaw, mangrove hawk, toucan... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Drake Bay Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drake Bay Wilderness Hotel Drake Bay
- Drake Bay Wilderness Resort Costa Rica